PDA

View Full Version : now what should i do...

markiemark
13-06-05, 09:45 PM
OK so heres the story. I had my front GTE bumper sprayed last week and I asked for Black - but not a 'glossy' black - so i go to pick the bumper up,and it looks black...but like a dark greyish black...looks dull kinda. . . now i have a problem - i have sprayed the back bumper myself and its a jet black, these 2 blacks will not go together at all.... so what should i do...get the front re done darker blak or have the back bumper made lighter?! :o i cant decide what to do i really cant make up my mind. the car is laser blue Btw and opinons/tips comments appreciated.

Thanks

Mark

notenuffhoursintheday
14-06-05, 12:19 AM
why dont you get 320,600,1200 wet n dry rub the paint down on the front primer then redo :D in the back colour do it your self mate

Matt2107
14-06-05, 01:10 PM
Go back to the place you got it sprayed at and make a huge fuss about it being a shit job.

Tell them your not happy and you want it done again.

Sometimes threatening them with court helps. If they think your crazy enough to take them to court over a few hundred they may back down.

ade
14-06-05, 06:38 PM
bit heavy handed - matt black will always look more grey/anthracite (like coal) rather than jet black.

I'd take the car down and get them to colour match the bumper to the grill

Dont threaten them with court - just say its not what you expected and wasnt what you wanted - check though because if you asked for matt black and they simply got a can of Simonz matt black and dusted it over then you got what you asked for.

:roll:

Mike.
14-06-05, 08:56 PM
Go back to the place you got it sprayed at and make a huge fuss about it being a s**t job.

Sometimes threatening them with court helps. If they think your crazy enough to take them to court over a few hundred they may back down.

what a stupid response, a bodyshop only painted the front bumper, not both bumpers

just respray the front your self, then it should match the rear bumper

Dod
14-06-05, 10:02 PM
Go back to the place you got it sprayed at and make a huge fuss about it being a s**t job.

Na mate, thats lousey, if someone came in with an attitude like that to me, i'd wrap the fucking bumper round his head!!
Get the body shop to do the back bumper to match the front, may work out more expensive but it'll be a better job all round. Might even do you a good deal since they did the front one.

novaexplod
15-06-05, 12:23 AM
y did u not have the body shop do both bumpers at the same time? :roll:

Dod
15-06-05, 10:11 PM
y did u not have the body shop do both bumpers at the same time? :roll:

Well, iy'd have been a better job.

Matt2107
16-06-05, 01:14 PM
If he's sure that he hasnt got what he asked for then he's got every right to get them to do it again.

however..... he should have brought it up when he picked the bumper up.

Technically once its been paid for then you've agreed with what they've done.

Dpnova
16-06-05, 01:26 PM
if you didnt give a paint code you stand no chance in hell, you got what you asked for

ade
16-06-05, 06:34 PM
also - if you only gave them the grill and not the car they wouldnt have been able to get a colour match to the other parts...

hindsight is a great thing...

:roll:

markiemark
16-06-05, 09:16 PM
the grille is fine(sprayed exactly the same colour as the car) its just the bumpers are a bit mor dull than i expected