PDA

View Full Version : Leccy windows and central locking

mattm
13-06-05, 08:20 PM
Hi ppl, Just bought central locking and leccy windows from a GTE. My problem is, There are 2 wires for the fuse board, a red one and a black one. On my fuseboard there is only one space for it to go, aka, can only connect up on of the wires. Im asuming red is live, and black is switched... so what should i do? Plz help, Thanks.

P.S my car is a mk1 also. I have MK2 leccy window switches, would they be hard to fit to the MK1 loom, as the mk2 switches have 4 wires from them, the MK1 ones have 5... and advice on this also apreciated,

Thanks

darrenreid19
15-06-05, 12:08 AM
awright m8 a dunno how to exsplain this but its fairly easy to fit if u wire it the wrong way round it should be fine anyways as long as u dont have it wired wrong for too long, anyways, the fuse box at the bootm right hand side the should be to spaces to fit the wires into if not make to, the negative (black) should be at the bottom right and the live just above it ill draw u a diagram if u cant understand that, darren_reid_17@msn.com

Ste_Nova
15-06-05, 08:42 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/Ste_Nova/K368ARO/P9300004.jpg

mattm
15-06-05, 01:35 PM
I know where they go, but the problem is i have only got one contact for it. Ive got the holes, but only one has the metal bits in them...