PDA

View Full Version : Spaz RSX

Rexy
12-06-05, 04:57 PM
:lol:

Anybody know if they are rebuildable?

I've just been given a set but the fronts are dead.

doug_sri
12-06-05, 05:51 PM
hope there good as i just bought some

Rexy
12-06-05, 06:04 PM
i used to have a set on my corsa Sport a couple of years ago and yep I liked them...

Shame there only Coilovers up front tho.

doug_sri
12-06-05, 07:30 PM
yeah i thought they were only front coilovers from the pic i saw of them before i bought them, will just need to cable tie the rear springs in i think as the old ones kept falling out when i jacked the car up.

Aragorn
12-06-05, 09:34 PM
the spax rsx on my bros car are far too hard for road use even in the softest setting

the rebound settings are too high and the wheel takes far too long to come back down to its proper height once it goes over a bump

this means on rough roads it skips a bit

doug_sri
13-06-05, 11:22 AM
how low does he have them set as wouldnt have thought they would be as bad at 50mm as 80mm but i know nothing about them, i need them stiff anyway as there for my tuned xe nova which i am using on the track as well, currently have just lowering springs so its got to be better than them!

Rexy
13-06-05, 06:49 PM
the spax rsx on my bros car are far too hard for road use even in the softest setting

the rebound settings are too high and the wheel takes far too long to come back down to its proper height once it goes over a bump

this means on rough roads it skips a bit

Each to there own mate...

nathan.
13-06-05, 08:43 PM
mine have just started pissing fluid out!

Lee
13-06-05, 09:58 PM
mine have just started p**s fluid out!

ohhh bugger

As for the RSX kit it WILL be hard on the road, its designed for track use! Gotta find a happy medium with suspension, depends on what your going to be doing most of, track or road. I use a PSX kit and ive found it a good all rounder.

Stuart
14-06-05, 06:49 PM
if the top of the shocker body has a screw cap (the bit that the piston goes through), then its a piece of wee to rebuild (well a comparative piece of wee lol)

if you can get the part numbers off the shock bodies, then i can "acquire" the part number for the seals etc and then you can try to get them from spax.

Hopefully this will work with AVO bits too so i can rebuild mine ;)

nathan.
14-06-05, 06:53 PM
lol. ive already stripped them stu.
the hydraulic rams fooked (pittered) so i'll be needing new inserts aswell as new seals.
Im gonna ring them tomorrow. bet the parts are expensive

Riggy
14-06-05, 06:55 PM
lol do you want to rebiuld my aswell stu lol :lol:

Stuart
14-06-05, 06:58 PM
feck, pitted pistons!!!

oh if you want to improve the bump/rebound (ie make them softer) then drill a few holes of similar size in the piston. OR fill with thicker oil, they are currently filled with Mobil 1 15/40W engine oil ;) its handy knowing a spax engineer (well he left but still)

nathan.
14-06-05, 07:05 PM
engine oil!!!!! lol
Do you know how much oil they hold/require?

Stuart
14-06-05, 07:34 PM
i can find out.

do you have an air bag in the shock or are there a couple of thin tubes running up the body.

nathan.
14-06-05, 07:36 PM
tubes mate!

Stuart
14-06-05, 07:38 PM
get the part number off the body and ill see what i can do RE part numbers to call spax for. mind you they might not supply them as they'd want to do the work lol

nathan.
14-06-05, 07:43 PM
top man!

TAAS 543 5BK

them numbers are on the coilovers bodies

peester
14-06-05, 08:04 PM
if u get in touch with spax they an recondition units - dunno how much it costs but; spax are a good company - well organised, pay ya money take ur choice aint it..

Stuart
14-06-05, 08:07 PM
hmm spax are "ok" then again they are all much of a muchness untill you get to ledas.

AVOs cost ?47+VAT eacah to recon