PDA

View Full Version : fao halfords lads

epo
09-06-05, 07:05 PM
do we still have any lads who work for halfords here as i need to ask you a question about the ripspeed induction kit as to whether it will fit on a mk2 golf gti

General Baxter
09-06-05, 07:13 PM
i would go find out only 5mins down the road and shuts at 8pm, but iv been banned :roll:

epo
09-06-05, 07:14 PM
i would go find out only 5mins down the road and shuts at 8pm, but iv been banned :roll:

would do but am diseased ridden and not aloud to leave the house incase i spread the plague (mumps possibly)

Matt Nova
09-06-05, 07:15 PM

how did get banned ? :o

peester
09-06-05, 07:23 PM
epo find out the diameter of the mas/ams/intake pipe (that goes to throttlebody) there are 3 different size adapters in the kit to adapt it to fit. Most motors use bosch efi so im 99% sure itll fit; even if it doesn't u can return, keep receipt etc..

epo
09-06-05, 07:28 PM
nice one ta

am sure the gti k&n comes with a square plate adaptor

btw how much are they

Jack
09-06-05, 07:44 PM
Banned from halfrauds? Trust Baxter :lol:

Mike.
09-06-05, 07:46 PM
would the halfords lot know what you mean though epo, every time i go into my local store, they haven't got a clue on what i'm on about

Jack
09-06-05, 07:49 PM
^ lol, my local store's spares desk don't even know what a GT-Four is :roll:

They kept showing me parts for a GT

epo
09-06-05, 07:49 PM
would the halfords lot know what you mean though epo, every time i go into my local store, they haven't got a clue on what i'm on about

dont know mate ill nip in and see

Mike.
09-06-05, 07:50 PM
i'm sure my local store is run by chimps, hardly get anything from there now, order all my paint and primer through work, and get performance parts through catalogues

peester
09-06-05, 08:14 PM
nice one ta

am sure the gti k&n comes with a square plate adaptor

btw how much are they

well theres 2 or 3 models; from ?35 (k&n rip-off) to about ?60 for a 'viper-type' sealed kit.

General Baxter
09-06-05, 08:20 PM
Banned from halfrauds? Trust Baxter :lol:

yeah got into a right fight in there with some arseholes,

da 5" rizspeed can will look da bomb on ya saxo man, that was it :oops:

Adam
09-06-05, 10:03 PM
yeah got into a right fight in there with some a***,

Yob :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Marc
09-06-05, 11:32 PM
I think all halfords are the same, i went in looking for a quick fix on air filter cause mine didnt come with one when i got me knew nova, asked for a unfit air filter (thats why i got a max power air filter adds 10bhp lol i fucking wish) and they said they didnt have any multi fi air filters they had to order them in, they only have air filters for certain cars. you would have that having muti fit air filters would be better to have in stock than ones for certain cars. idiots!

well done baxter :D to be honest dont really need to go in there its useless being in there

epo
11-06-05, 11:37 AM
right wont fit as i need to keep my airflowmeter otherwise the car wont run :cry:

Jim
11-06-05, 12:33 PM
Would it not have been more helpful if you'd have asked on a Golf forum? :P

Jim

Nick
11-06-05, 12:51 PM
^ this man has a point

epo
11-06-05, 01:11 PM
Would it not have been more helpful if you'd have asked on a Golf forum? :P

Jim

i did :P :lol:
http://www.edition38.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=10964

Adam
11-06-05, 01:13 PM
LOL
he just wanted a second opinion :wink: :lol:

epo
11-06-05, 01:17 PM
LOL

i knew there used to be a few lads on here who worked for halfords so i thought id get it straight from the horses mouth so to speak

Adam
11-06-05, 01:22 PM
LOL

i knew there used to be a few lads on here who worked for halfords so i thought id get it straight from the horses mouth so to speak
Yeah, i think jbobo used to work in halfords, dunno if he still does.
I went for a job there, and was turned down :roll: :lol:

epo
11-06-05, 01:26 PM
ah its ok now universal wont fit so ill have to bite the bullet and pay for a proper one there just so expensive

oh for the simplicity of a nova :lol:

Nick
11-06-05, 04:03 PM
does Mr.peester not work in halfords ?

my local halfords are ditching he chavs and starting to employ qualified electricians e.t.c

There Stereo/gps/dvd fitting service is actually really good. Comes free with most of the HU's and the chap that does them (he is youngish) really knows what he's actually doing

epo
11-06-05, 04:18 PM
does Mr.peester not work in halfords ?

yeah he does he answered my question on the first page