PDA

View Full Version : 1.2i- 1.4 sri

chapers
08-06-05, 07:26 PM
i will eventually be wanting to do this conversion and was wondering how easy it would be and/or anyone would recommend different? (1.4 max for insurance purposes)

while im at it how much would i be looking at for a standard 1.4 sri engine?

chaps

hendrix
08-06-05, 08:10 PM
ive got an SRi donor car if ur interested :lol: not looking for much coin either and the engine is absolutlely mint
would be a pretty easy job i think too, i will be doin this in a few weeks
andy

Jack
08-06-05, 09:16 PM
SRi is also only group 7 insurance

totalnova
08-06-05, 09:43 PM
but a corsa sport 1.4 16v is group 6 iirc and a better faster engine

chapers
08-06-05, 09:46 PM
how badly will this affect my insurance? (conversion) compared to insuring a 1.4 sri as it is... if u get me..?

chaps

Jack
08-06-05, 10:04 PM
Corsa engine is group 6E, i.e. a group 7 but dropped due to security of the car being good. Put the engine in a nova and you lose some of the security aspect so they may push it back up a group.

chapers
08-06-05, 10:18 PM
well that sounds cool just finding 1 and how easy would that be to put in seeing as im not that mechanicaly minded... i have all the equipment and i have re-built my engine before but i really want a simple way to get more power outta my car (i will be modifying as i go).... i need to keep up with my mates as they all have bigger engines and i want to show them what a nova can do compared to their flashy civics etc...

chaps

Ste L
08-06-05, 11:04 PM
i always thought the sri's engine loom was apart of the car loom, so i've been told

totalnova
08-06-05, 11:05 PM
im not 100% but i think they use the same mounts as the corsa sri and thats the same 8v engine as in the nova sri so it should go in with out to many probs. theres a few lads on here that have put these small block xe's in novas so there is advise and help on here if you need it.
nicky

Aragorn
09-06-05, 12:14 AM
the sri loom is a bit of a headache as u really need to either swap the whole lot out of a nova sri or sit and unwrap the whole loom

find the engine out a corsa and the loom is totally self contained and easier to work with