PDA

View Full Version : novas are dieing out its for sure

~~joycey~~
08-06-05, 01:17 PM
just done a national search on autotrader and it only came up with six results :cry:

StevePSB
08-06-05, 01:54 PM
Are you sure you changed it to national? I just did a national search and 35 cars came up...

~~joycey~~
08-06-05, 02:01 PM
yea i did, thats puzzleing :roll:

ANDYRACER
08-06-05, 02:22 PM
Yeh i noticed that the other week when i did a search for novas 40 miles away from me and there was 6 there's usually at least 2 pages.

dunova
08-06-05, 02:26 PM
Wow, that's some very accurate research, it must be true :roll:

Lee H
08-06-05, 02:54 PM
Wow, that's some very accurate research, it must be true :roll:

PMSL :lol:

Stuart
08-06-05, 03:44 PM
most novas are now owned by young folk who modify them, so when it comes to selling them on its usually done between mates or on forums as autotrader dosent tend to be able to sell modded cars properly lol.

so the fact that there are V few on there isnt a statment that novas are dying out, its jsut the unmodified oens are getting a little harder to find.

Mike
08-06-05, 04:00 PM
dying out!! :|

there are more nova forums on the net now than ever! loads of parts on ebay and tons and tons of how to's devoted to a car first deigned on tetris!! :lol: :oops:

(lol, and yes, i do own a nova!)

NickWalliams
08-06-05, 04:27 PM
The Novas will still be here in 5 years, mine will be! :lol:

StevePSB
08-06-05, 09:36 PM
I can tell you that about 4 years ago there were 100,000 on UK roads. I used to work for a Vauxhall dealers, and know that little fact from there.

peester
09-06-05, 12:06 AM
nah - people are just keepin em... or scrapping.

Chris
09-06-05, 12:11 AM

mine wont be.

C'mon people, who actually thinks that they will have nova's for a few more years? (few meaning 3 or more)

Chris

peester
09-06-05, 12:19 AM

mine wont be.

C'mon people, who actually thinks that they will have nova's for a few more years? (few meaning 3 or more)

Chris

oh ur askin us to guess the future? erm maybe ull have a prang, lose ur no claims and end up having to keep ur nova - or no, better still wishing u still had one..lol.
Depends on how well the relationships last aint it.

karl Rowntree
09-06-05, 12:21 AM
I will still have mine Chris! Its the most fun thing ive ever driven lol.

Mike
09-06-05, 07:58 AM
i cant sell mine, its my first mega modded car and ive spent ?5.5k on it. so ill never sell it cuz ill lose money! :|

joff-turbo-nova
09-06-05, 08:14 AM
After a 3 year rebuild I bl**dy well hope that its still going in 5 years time !!!!

I have noticed at the local scrap yards around me that recently they maybe have 1 or 2 in to be broken, a couple of years ago you could expect at least 10 or more!

I suppose this is an indication of how many are left running around and the more valuable (valuable in sentimental terms not monetary) will probably get reshelled or repaired if crashed or MOT failed.

I like ebay for finding parts that are hard to find, something like this :-

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=10404&item=4555140425&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Joff

Mike
09-06-05, 09:20 AM
how hard are those to find!!!

ive had loads of bits if ebay.

irmscher airbox and the old irmscher T40 inlet manifold.

just got a nice OMP roll cage for ?200.

Ian
09-06-05, 10:12 AM
After a 3 year rebuild I bl**dy well hope that its still going in 5 years time !!!!

I have noticed at the local scrap yards around me that recently they maybe have 1 or 2 in to be broken, a couple of years ago you could expect at least 10 or more!

I suppose this is an indication of how many are left running around and the more valuable (valuable in sentimental terms not monetary) will probably get reshelled or repaired if crashed or MOT failed.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=10404&item=4555140425&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Joff

same here

Dave
09-06-05, 10:37 AM
chris has a good point

the crayola-mobile will hopefully be going at the end of this year to make way for the cossie, as i've reached the point where i've had 4+ years of owning it and now feel i can't/don't want to do any more to it and spend more money on it.

but i do plan on having another nova but won't be a kitted one and will be done on a tight budget as i've spent money on my one.
the nova may be sommant like dans for example stripped with a good strong engine and suspension for a bit of windy fen road abuse

Mel
09-06-05, 12:25 PM

Joff

Lol..I have one of them in my back garden just picking up dust..

I think that a lot of people are just dismissing the nova. They are certainly quick to go and put it in a scrapyard, however, there are a hell of a lot more modded ones out there, which, like said before, pass via friends/forums/privately etc..

Mike
09-06-05, 01:04 PM
i know its hard to find a nova with only a few owners tho! :|

lucky, as im the 3rd owner on mine! although it is a K plate SR and there quite rare?? :D

Mel
09-06-05, 01:35 PM

lucky, as im the 3rd owner on mine! although it is a K plate SR and there quite rare?? :D

I'm the 4th on my G reg GTE..mmm GTE..

My other had 10 previous owners and was only a J reg LOL..

Lee
09-06-05, 03:04 PM
Old Nova's never die, they just lose weight! :lol:

anothernovagirl
09-06-05, 09:28 PM
Novas surely ain't going anywhere....i hope (fingers crossed) that I'll still have mine in 5 years. Only keeping it for sentimental reasons because it really isn't worth much in money terms. I'd always have a Nova..so easy to work on and great fun to drive. That's maybe why there aren't so many up for sale....people are realising this fact and keeping hold of them

Mike.
09-06-05, 09:32 PM

I'm the 4th on my G reg GTE..mmm GTE..

My other had 10 previous owners and was only a J reg LOL..

i'm the 10th owner of my nova and thats j-reg lol, iff i never had bought the car, it would have easily have been scrapped

Riggy
09-06-05, 11:09 PM
ill still have one chris :lol:

but im daft like that