PDA

View Full Version : FAO Mr Dave France!

krobinson
07-06-05, 09:34 PM
In amonst a selection of Performance Vaux Show Pics, i noticed this little Nova.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b283/crazychris1234/DSCF0008.jpg

Its got a set of Stumpy Mirrors on it! :o Where'd he get those??

Real nice example! Anyone know who owns that?

Keith

Jim
07-06-05, 09:38 PM
I noticed this car right at the end of the show. It looked very nice.

Jim

krobinson
07-06-05, 09:41 PM
Perfect colour too.. Very nice!

So, Dave? You secretly making the mirrors again? Or are these one of the very few sets you made?

Keith

Ste_Nova
07-06-05, 10:39 PM
daves not the only person who could make them! :P

Ste L
07-06-05, 10:41 PM
you can make then ste??

Ste_Nova
07-06-05, 10:44 PM
dunno... not looked at it anything can be done, want me to have a go?

Ste L
07-06-05, 10:44 PM
was thinkin about trying it on a spare set of mirrors i've got myself

Ste_Nova
07-06-05, 10:46 PM
lol... i'll bring a mirror to the pub tomorow :lol:

Ste L
07-06-05, 10:47 PM
lol, might bob up to the pub tomorrow, see what i got planned first,

will have a look for that pipe aswell

RJM25R
07-06-05, 11:13 PM
funny though.... when i looked at the car, i never even clocked the mirrors immediately.....

i thought u were telling Fearless that somene had COPIED the colour, COPIED the bumper cut-out, COPIED the black wheels, COPIED the single wiper position and, errr, COPIED the shortened mirrors off the Brett-meister(sic) mobile...............

Adam Moran
08-06-05, 09:18 AM
nice car ;)

they were camping just behind us, 2 lads turned up in it and there girlfriends turned up in a mint white nova. Did'nt get to speak to the owner of it tho :(

SKoob
08-06-05, 10:05 AM
Thats exactly the style of mirror I'm after 8)

Rexy
08-06-05, 12:09 PM
Thats My colour...

Fucking sick of this now!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks flappin luverly tho :cry:

Sulking now!

Oh no its not, thats the same colour benji's going for mines more Blue... Ner ner

fearless
10-06-05, 07:49 PM
Sorry about the late reply - just returned from a holiday in Florida

I remember seeing this nova at a show last year - could have been in the background at retro car show at santa pod !!!! It wasn't quite finished when I saw it - but the work done upto that date was impressive.

People may comment and say it looks like bretts - but I just think it just copies the whole simple/smooth euro look with no extra spoilers stuck on and in a euro pastel colour !!!

Nowt wrong with that - I'm affraid my own project will look like that one and bretts - no body kits - no metalic paint - just improving what vauxhall created - although with the engine in the wrong place !!!!

And as for the mirrors - I've not made any for about 5/6 years now (Ask Martin Kelson - he's still waiting for some !! (All good things come to those who wait Martin :D ))

I made a few sets all those years ago - so either the ones on the blue nova were 4th or 5th hand or somebody isn't as patient as Martin and made there own !!!!!

You never know - I might start making them again - LOL

Dave

benji
11-06-05, 03:26 PM
thats just like mine is going to look, similar colour aswell. anyone know what that colours is? mine won't have speedlines though

fearless
11-06-05, 03:50 PM
anyone know what that colours is?

I read somewhere is was vw cameo blue !!

Dave

Ian_Gsi16v
11-06-05, 08:03 PM
Was that the one painted by pepe's owner a few years ago??

If it is, its Ford Olympia Blue i think

Best off asking a few old skool roybacer members

shy witness
11-06-05, 08:25 PM
ford olympic blues a wee bit darker than that...................... i know .i painted my mountain bike that colour about 14 years ago ha ha

epo
11-06-05, 09:08 PM
it reminds of the blue ford used on the g40 irrc the one thats contrasted with orange or is that the same colour your already on about