PDA

View Full Version : spedline centre cap fitting??????????

shy witness
07-06-05, 07:59 PM
hi guys - a quick question????????

i got my new speedlines through the post 2day

i test fitted 1 on the back- but im having trouble with the centre cap--- it wont clear the dustcap in the centre of the brake drum/hub---- i tried taking the dustcap of the hub and trimming back the inside edge but ive done it as much as i can and its sitting a bit better but not properly

i then tried 1 on the front and its fouling the end of the driveshaft also wich leaves me asking the question------do i need 2 alter the caps or wot????

as ive the arch lip taken fully away on the backi woz thinking of putting spacers on the back possibly coz i think it might look better but dont want 2 be doing this on the front

any help would be greatly appreciated. cheers

Aragorn
07-06-05, 08:01 PM
bash the cap in a bit or remove it on the rear

and as for the front im assuming uve got a 2.0 conversion or something?

again u need to grinder down the end of the shaft a bit

shy witness
07-06-05, 08:13 PM
oh no- its just 1400 sri corsa spec---------

ive the back dustcap ground down and beaten in as far as i can go and dont really want 2 remove it completely as thats wot lets damp in and fuks wheelbearings---- i probably could grind the front shaft back abit althogh i woz just wondering....

has anyone had 2 modify the caps themselves--- i dont really want 2 coz theyre brand new but am just checkin out the options

krobinson
07-06-05, 08:15 PM
You cant run the dustcaps on the rear.. take them off, fill with grease and they will be fine.

Front, get a grinder out and cut off a little bit off your drive ends.

Sorted.

Keith

shy witness
07-06-05, 08:24 PM
good lad keith i woz actually 4 pm ing you about this anyway aas i knew thats wot woz on yours...

im in no big panic 2 get them straight on anyway but i woz just trying the fit 2day 2 see wot they were like and wot sorta problems might occur with rubbing or anything

i might still considder putting a spacer kit on the back though as ive got a finger width between the wheel and the arch and i think it might look better..... although it depends how much a space kit i suppose

krobinson
07-06-05, 08:29 PM
No point mate. The center cap stops anything getting in near the bearing. I never had any problems with mine. Not even now with the disc beam setup.

Dont run spacers on the front, it will hit the front arch! Rear is ok, but i still wouldnt bother.

Keith