PDA

View Full Version : carpets+rooflining+doorcards

pmitch5
07-06-05, 01:28 PM
does ne body have any suggestions/pics or know of any sites on these iv just adapted the from door cards by cuting the tray part of the handle off looks smart(ish) but need sugestions as to what to cover them in im also wantin a new roof lining and possibly new carpet the exterior of the car is blak so im open to sugestions thanx guys

Matt2107
07-06-05, 01:36 PM
For covering interior panels you can pretty much go as far as your imagination will take you. Vinyl is always a good bet or leatherette/real leather, alcantara. Basically material you can buy will do.

The trend in america seems to be suede????

Not really to my liking.

As for your roof lining... i think is a massive job to replace it.

pmitch5
07-06-05, 02:00 PM
thanx il have a look c what i can do ne ideas on carpet if you can get them still or could i do my own because when iv taken them out there all shaped would new carpet shape like this!! or what

thanx again

boredbloke
07-06-05, 02:13 PM
if the cars black pick a reasonably bright colour like blue red yellow etc, i think it looks the nuts like that

but then u'd have to do the dash, seats etc

5_door owner
07-06-05, 08:45 PM
go old skool; TWEED baby :D whatever colour, and black leather(ette) 2 tone style with hard wering parts of the interior (seat bolsters, ect.) in the leather(ette) should look nice, and unique,

General Baxter
07-06-05, 09:52 PM
shagpile floor?

Gingersnaps
07-06-05, 11:06 PM
laminate flooring :lol:

Nick
08-06-05, 09:04 PM
toungue and groove cladding - sauna style!

seriously tho, go for a Blue - alacantra ?

As fr the roof lining it's a pretty big job to do !

bump
09-06-05, 02:42 PM
checkerplate flooring? it'll be a pain to do but i think it'll look smart.
may well go and heat up the gas axe

epo
09-06-05, 04:08 PM
checkerplate flooring? it'll be a pain to do but i think it'll look smart.
may well go and heat up the gas axe

i had this in my old sri all in the boot on the back of the rear seats and floor mats ect

Dod
09-06-05, 08:52 PM
Have 2 pieces in the front foot wells, see my profile.

ade
09-06-05, 10:53 PM
roof lining is fairly easy top replace provising youre capable of removing all windows including windscreen.

Gets a tad complex if you have a sun roof...

The thing to remember is the lining is suspended by 3 wire bars that are locked to the roof via traingle shaped teeth. Once you fathom that out removal and fitting is easy...

Just need a sewing machine - lining usually made in 3 parts - just remember to leave enough on the edges to co over the window edges - it needs to be taped there...

Ade

pmitch5
10-06-05, 10:17 AM
ye its the window thing im guna strugle with is there away of atatching some material to the current roof liner!!

Dod
10-06-05, 10:53 PM
Yeah, but to be honest its gonna be sh!t no matter how careful you are. Try painting it, but beware, it WILL get messy.