PDA

View Full Version : Abingdon Carnival stages

BigRuss
07-06-05, 09:06 AM
Thought I'd put a post up to let You all know that My next event is the Abingdon Car-nival Stages this Sunday (12th June). It's based at Dalton Barracks Abingdon which is just below Oxford off the A34.

This is a really good rally and is also a spectator event. For anyone interested in coming to watch it will be worth it, there's 4 WRC's, 4 6R4's, 3 big power Darrians, a 306 Maxi and an RS200 doing it :o :o

I am the 2nd seeded 1400 and am car 43, there is 100 cars doing it!!!

If anyone does go, be sure to come in to the service area and say Hi :wink:

Oh yeah, Dan is going to be on the spanners :wink:

"Dan get this, Dan get that, Dan fetch this , Dan fetch that, Dan check the oil, Dan check the water, Dan change the front wheels, Dan change the back wheels, Dan put some petrol in" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Only joking mate :lol:

benji
07-06-05, 04:56 PM
dan part your cheeks

Mark T
07-06-05, 07:28 PM
Really wanted to go to this one, 7 miles down the road too!

Dan
07-06-05, 07:46 PM
Lmfao, sheesh lazy, i have to do all of that ?, the lads i normally crew for do all of that themselves :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:

Hopefully thats all it will be, if not then you will be making far to much work between stages :P .

whilst on the topic, do you want me to bring the gazeebo i normally take when crewing for some extra shade as it might be needed ?

BigRuss
07-06-05, 11:27 PM
What size is the gazebo Dan, is it steel framed?

I have got an e-z up gazebo which is 3m x 6m but is an aluminium frame, the slightest gust of wind and it takes off!!!

dhdev (Oli)
08-06-05, 07:48 AM
i should be there Russ, me and a few of the boys are plannin on comin down sat nite and campin over :)

Barn
08-06-05, 12:54 PM
dunno if I can make this because Monday is my assignment deadline date and so I'll be doing all the work I've supposed to be doing this last year on the weekend, lol!

We'll see though

Good luck mate :+:

Stuart
08-06-05, 01:03 PM
damn it im "guarding" some advertising display in victoria station on sat and sun nite so ill be sleeping during the day lol

dan, nick some 14" cut slicks for me ;)

BigRuss
10-06-05, 10:11 PM
The car is ready to go, the van is almost fully loaded.

We hit the road at about 13:30 tomorrow, I'll let you know how we get on Sunday evening.

Taking My digital camers for Dan to use so will no doubt have a few photos to post too.

Also having a Cam-corder in the car too, so will even haver footage for someone to post somewhere!!

Russell

BigRuss
12-06-05, 10:17 PM
Every time I pre-post a rally on Novaload the result is shit :o :o

I had a shite day big style,

1st stage

Went off the line and tucked in behind a 240bhp rear wheel drive mini going around for his 2nd loop. I think " If I can keep up with him I'll be happy!" I was attached to his bumper for 4 - 5 miles then decided to pass him under brakeing in to a tight section.

This is when the fun started, I hit a kerb which punctured the front right tyre :evil: :roll: I limped around the remaining 6-7 miles in to service. By which time the wing/wheel/tyre/bumper/grill were wrecked :o :o :o

Dan and My mate Colin had to get real busy!!! :lol:

2nd Stage

Went off the line along a fast straight and hit My limiter in 4th just before attempting to brake for a 1st gear 90 left........ Fork Me no front brakes. Had a monumental spin at approx 100 mph and was very lucky not to hit anyone/anything. Limped around again, back to surface where Dan and Colin get busy :lol: :lol:

3rd Stage

Everything was fine really but had no confidence in the brakes for approx 5 miles, once happy with brakes had an awesome dabble along the fast sections with an Impreza, eventually passing him and leaving him for dead through the tight gravelly sections :o :lol: 8)

4th stage

Off the start and noticed the tailgate was flapping around like a windsock, stopped, shut it and carried on. The alternator died on this stage as a result of the excessive vibration of 1st stage puncture ans also a clunking from the drivers side hub somewhere :o End of rally, car was crying enough :( :(

Morale to story and another lesson learnt, if I get a puncture on a stage with a fair mileage left to go, change it or take a maximum!!!

Cheers to Dan for all your help today Mate :wink:

Dan
12-06-05, 10:37 PM
First off cheers russ and thanks for a cracking weekend. russ picked me up and we trundled up there, After they had signed on and the car was passed we set about eating, and eating, and eating (yeh yeh i know :lol: :P ) once the bellies were ful and the mountain had gone we trundled over to meet up with the other lads he rallies alongside. What an absolute laugh and a good bunch of lads with the laughs going on right through the following day also.

As mentioned russ did keep us quite busy, we spotted him with the puncture which was ok, but the first view of it at service was lets say a tad different after he had limped around. After abit if panel bending and beating we got it looking as good an new :|

The rest of the day was as russ said with keeping myself and colin busy which wasnt to bad as we worked well together and were always thinking along the same lines which meant before either of us could say anything the other had already thought it and was there waiting with either a tool or to help fit something etc.

The quality of the cars there was stunning with some machinery that had to be seen to be believed. Russ's car when on full chat had to be the best sounding nova out there, and it absolutley flew, esp when he had a chase on lmao (hopefully he will get some footage up at some point)

I also heard one or two of our lot might of landed :? sorry guys if i didnt say hello if i was around when you were there, i was either wondering what my next few jobs would be or rushing around making sure we didnt run out of time lol

BigRuss
12-06-05, 10:44 PM
It is fair to say that we did eat fairly well Sat Night :lol:

Russ's car when on full chat had to be the best sounding nova out there, and it absolutley flew, esp when he had a chase on lmao (hopefully he will get some footage up at some point)

It is also fair to say that when I see a car in the distance the horns do come out :evil: :twisted: :lol:

srs1
12-06-05, 11:11 PM
russ you horny git!

from sounds of things, you had fun too.

well done to dan keeping russ's bad driving on the road. (only messing)

does sound like even thou you didn't get a good result, you had a top time.

dhdev (Oli)
13-06-05, 07:56 AM
I can safely say that russ's was the best sounding nova out there, straight cut box and a 1400 16v screaming at 9000rpm sounds animal!!! 8)
shame about the puncture and the incurred damage but at least the beast lives to race another day :twisted:

Was a top day out, bargain ?1 entry and some awesome motors, 2.0 xe RWD corsa on throttle bodies 8) 8) 8)