PDA

View Full Version : Magnex or Janspeed system?

Snowface
06-06-05, 08:20 PM
Is the extra ?50 for Magnex worth it? I'm thinking that my GM standard middle box with 25mm pipe or whatever is choking my engine a bit now. I've got the choice of using the standard 4-2-1 1.4sr manifold or a Janspeed 4-1 manifold.

Has anyone had any of the 2 above systems? If so can you speculate. Cheers.

Dod
06-06-05, 08:38 PM
The way i see it, its like this.

Janspeed: Been around and got the rep for boy racer cars
Magnex: Nearly always used on bigger, more expensive cars

J: Cheap and Cheerful
M: Expensive but Stainless Steel

J: Nice Roar
M: Subtle deep sound

J: 4 branch
M: 4 Branch?

Also, isnt the Janspeed system better power wise?

srs1
06-06-05, 08:47 PM
my janspeed back box fell apart!

enough said.

Phil_G
06-06-05, 09:19 PM
Hiya

Janspeed systems arent an a1 fit, that said, they do the job well (i got one) and they have been tuning cars for donkeys years, doing everything from exhausts to turbo conversions on cars, through to building out and out touring cars..

Phil

mikeoxford
08-06-05, 12:07 AM
correct me if im wrong but janspeed do all the products for x power and mg rover.

when i bought an xpower backbox for my zr it was in a janspeed bag / box.

Koop_sr
08-06-05, 12:12 AM
i got janspeed decent for me

epo
08-06-05, 08:10 AM
my janspeed rotted away

but my magnex wasnt loud enough for me

Mike
08-06-05, 09:38 AM
janspeed! my old magnex system was mega quite!

i now got a sportex manifold, ashley system an rage back box and the noise is mental! wake up every1 when im going to work at 6.30am!

nathan.
08-06-05, 10:06 AM
Ive got a magnex system. It was quiet for the few months, now it sounds sweet, especially since ive fitted the 40's.

Ste L
08-06-05, 11:06 AM
i say magnex as well, can't fault my system, may be a little quiet,
but im not overly keen on really loud exhausts, its slightly louds with the de-cat i got now, and sounds nice when i boot it witht the induction kit roaring :D

coxie
08-06-05, 11:39 AM
i say magnex as well, can't fault my system, may be a little quiet,
but im not overly keen on really loud exhausts, its slightly louds with the de-cat i got now, and sounds nice when i boot it witht the induction kit roaring :D

id hardly call urs quiet .. has a gorgeous deep tone to it .. go magnex mate last janspeed i had rotted .. i lost me back box on the mway :( lol

Snowface
11-06-05, 01:34 PM
It doesn't need to be loud (my carb's will do the talking), i'm after the best system that'll improve power/torque (even if it is slight).

At the moment Magnex are looking favorite, also they cater for the Rear Bumper cut out so it should fit nicely into it.

Adam
11-06-05, 01:45 PM
If you ain't bothered about the noise, then i would go Magnex for the quality of build.