PDA

View Full Version : F13 CR Gear Box

Mastermeekon
06-06-05, 07:36 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About these Box's are they supposed to have a whine ? cos mine Whines :)

Oh and I got the High lift cam in, Finally got it running although it aint got the poke it should have cos I havent got it set up properly yet.
Power boost v/v is in
Vernier wheel
Super chip is on the way :)
So is the induction kit and maybe the 4-1 manifold with a full ashley sytem. (do these exhaust actually make a difference?)

Anything anyone can tell me regarding the soon to be set up, pitfalls etc, lets hear it.

Cheers

Gunzi
07-06-05, 03:45 PM
not sure about the whine - when my F13 whined it gave up the ghost shortly after

have a look in the features many spend money on carbs not chips, spending your ?300 on carbs would probably see more gains from your engine especially with the cam (assuming its a 1.4 sri or 1.6 gte/ gsi)

Helping the car breathe better with exhaust mods including manifold will help gain a couple more ponies. Get a cold air feed pipe to your induction kit or it'll be swallowing the hot air generated by the exhaust manifold (not good, as there is much less oxygen in hot air, than nice dense cold air)

finally get it set up on a rolling road

gunzi

Mastermeekon
07-06-05, 07:13 PM
Yea I thought about Carbs but to be honest I got the chip and the other stuff cheap so I'll just see if it'll run after being set up, fingers crossed its off tomorrow to get fiddled with :)

If not well like you say big fat thirsty suckers! :)

Cheers