PDA

View Full Version : A2 "technical" drawings of your nova

Nick
06-06-05, 06:18 PM
Just guaging interest in a scheme similar to Ade's models

I've nearly finished drawing a scale 3d drawing of a stock nova on CAD, and am thinking of using it as a template to do some drawings in pen/ink.

They'd be one offs, drawin in ink on an A2 Sheet, just technical drawings in greyscale with some shading - once i've done a few they'l be a pretty good standard

Just wondering if anyone would be interested in purchasing/paying for a drawing of their own nova ? just for a frame poster/picture to hang ont he wall/ garage.

May be a good or bad idea, i'm not sure yet

Thanks nick

Nick
06-06-05, 06:20 PM
oh and if there is enough interest, i could be tempted to lash the old watercolours out and turn them into colour technicals

Adam Moran
06-06-05, 06:41 PM
i'd be interested Nick ;)

Stuart
06-06-05, 06:48 PM
ditto, if it has the dimensions too that would be funky

boredbloke
06-06-05, 08:29 PM
yeah once i'm done i'd be interested but i'm guessing u'll be charging more for 5dr's?

probly even more than that if i can get the ideas from my head and onto the car lol!!

Dod
06-06-05, 08:34 PM
Yeah mate, sounds cool, but not with the frame, handier Posted to Ireland without!!

srs1
06-06-05, 08:51 PM
do it for me too baby.

i love tree's and you'd be my bestest hippy tree hugging friend in the whole wide world

burgo
07-06-05, 12:15 AM
i want pics

Mike
07-06-05, 12:32 PM
hiya pepz! been a whille!

put me down, ill defo have one please. 8)

Nick
07-06-05, 05:22 PM
i want pics

go take some pics yourself then

Rightio, if anyone has some Technical dimensioned drawings of a Nova it would help me finish the base model on CAD as at the moment i am just scaling it off

You'l have to wait for a bit untill i do one in pen, so you can have an idea of how good they'l be

once i've done the CAD file i'l put it up as a DWG of a DXF file and people can have a look for themselves

boredbloke
07-06-05, 06:40 PM
How hard would it be for you to alter it to a five door dude?

Dod
07-06-05, 10:24 PM
Nick mate, you haven't told us exactly how much you want for each pic yet. Dont go scaring us now.

Jack
07-06-05, 10:30 PM
do me a celica one

:lol:

dan16v
07-06-05, 10:35 PM
sounds good, id like one! :D

Riggy
07-06-05, 11:53 PM
does sound good mate hurry up and get some samples done

loggyboy
08-06-05, 11:32 AM
i would be very interested in seeing these..
let us know when the .dwg is hosted/posted. :D

Stuart
08-06-05, 12:11 PM
nick ar eyou saying that once you have the tech drawing you will then do them by hand?!?!? nutter. just use an A2 plotter lmao

Nick
08-06-05, 07:06 PM
nick ar eyou saying that once you have the tech drawing you will then do them by hand?!?!? nutter. just use an A2 plotter lmao

Well you can have an adopted Cad drawing to your specific car if you really want.

I Mainly do hand drawings at work so that's what i excel in (i did photo realism and got an A in art at A-level) so the hand drawn ones would be lot more unique e.t.c

Anyhow, i'l get the CAD base done and then people can decided wether they just want it plotted off or a hand drawn one done p.s it can be any size up to A0