PDA

View Full Version : wiring amp via rear wiper motor cable?!

Will
10-03-02, 11:32 PM
Have de-rear wipered my car and removed the motor, now as the wire would be 12v would i be able to use it to connect to an amp in my boot so the switch on the dash would work to turn the sub on and off etc? just had the idea and wondering wot u sound pros think?

Has anybody done this b4?

cheers

will

paulrobo
10-03-02, 11:50 PM
Think its a bit of a useless idea really, no offence.

Unless you really need to be turning your sub/amp on and off all the time then why? And also isn't there a rellay in the line of the +ive feed on the wiper motor?

paulrobo
10-03-02, 11:53 PM
Allthough actually i did put a switch in the remote wire on an old setup i had, not in my nova though, but that was cause i drew to much attention and needed sometimes to to switch of the sub amp, but not the other amps.
So i have just contradicted my self as far as the "useless idea" comment goes! :>

Will
10-03-02, 11:57 PM
thats the idea, so i dont let every1 know ive got a sub! m8s got stolen dont want the same to happen! :)

Dicko
11-03-02, 11:34 PM
no chance in hell!!!!

u need a straight run 30amp+ cable running it, that cable will be 5amp tops. it WILL sound shit and have no volume!

wisewood
15-03-02, 12:54 PM
Why not get a spare switch to fit the dash, and run that as an on-off switch for the amp?

Just a simple switch would do...
wouldn't it???

TunaFish is the way forward... you mark my words. :D

cva
21-03-02, 02:05 AM
this idea is ok m8.used this set up b4 no probs with it.
dick above must have thought you meant the live supply to the amp was going to be this wire lol.
as long as you werent intending using this wire as main live. .lol
you were going to use it as the remote turn on werent you ????lol

novax
02-04-02, 11:46 PM
CVA - don't laugh I rewired a system this weekend and found the 900w amp fed from the headunit feed under the dash, held together with sellotape.......!!!!!

VauxMD - "Do it once, do it right!"

nova_power_y2k
16-04-02, 11:31 AM
can some one tell me how i would run a switch that when i click it it will swith on the amp please nice 1...

Ste_Nova
20-06-02, 12:18 PM
i had mine setup to the system was.....

ignition on, oil light on = std 4 speakers
ignition on, oil light off = system on, std speakers off
ignition off = everything off

just rigged up with a few relays

novapowered
22-06-02, 12:38 PM
all you need to do is wire up your amp normally with the power wire e.t.c, then you have a wire off the back of the head unit that is called remote, it will be blue, basially it is just a shitty wire that sends on off signal to the amp, does noyt power it, you could just simply put a on off switch on that wire, if you do it this way ypou cant turn amp on without head unit being on, but you wouldnt need to anyway, so simple!!!

Breeny
24-06-02, 03:38 PM
:lol: i didnt see this before. Will you nonce, do it properly and i'll give you a hand.