PDA

View Full Version : twin 40 carbs or mpi on a c20xe ? NOT SURE

nova_nutta
06-06-05, 11:30 AM
Hi

iam in the middle of building a c20xe redtop nova but not sure if to keep the mpi system or use twin 40s? what would be the best for performance? i know twin 40s are a huge increase on an 8 carb or spi enigne but not 100% if there better than the standard mpi on the c20xe and cant afford throtle bodies pleaase let me have your view would be great to hear from people with it done

Cheers

Jay

srs1
06-06-05, 11:37 AM
twin 45's are what you want if you want carbs. better still 48's.

40's are not worth all the hassle, even thou it can be done. it's not worth it.

have you already got the xe in place yet?
i suggest getting used to the car as it is first. as its fast enough standard.

i would be more inclined to go with cams, as they give you that little extra

Stuart
06-06-05, 11:44 AM
id post in the right forum first lol.

40's are too small for a 20 XE, 45's are ideal for the level of tune your likely to hit.

but my suggestion if youve already got the engine in the car would be to get a Diff as it will make the current power more useable round bends etc. thus making the car point to point faster than any cheap power upgrade will give.

Matt2107
06-06-05, 02:04 PM
stuart seems to know his onions.

It makes sense to get the most out of what you've got first before you start trying to increase the bhp any more.

You'll probably just crash or something anyways.

My GTE is quick enough and its only a standard 1.6, maybe I'm just a pussy.

Philsutton
06-06-05, 06:59 PM
i'd go for it, yes it will be quick but with mine ive got used to it an it doesnt feel quick at all any more and i want more power.

peester
06-06-05, 11:54 PM
My GTE is quick enough and its only a standard 1.6, maybe I'm just a pussy.

no, ide have to agree mate -if its a good runner - theyre so light on the front and good low torque they dont need a lot of road to move fast - small blocks are ideal for tracking, round town nippyness. xe obviously is quicker over longer distances/straights.