PDA

View Full Version : 1/4 mile @ PVS

dhdev (Oli)
06-06-05, 07:41 AM
Got a new PB at PVS yesterday and finally broke into the 13's
13.853 @ 99mph!!
and thats without using any cheat fuel, NOS, sticky tyres or a dirty great turbo!
What was the deal with the classes?!? How can u have LET's in the same class as the small block motors we don't stand a chance! :roll:

Stuart
06-06-05, 07:56 AM
well done!!!!

the class system seems a tad naff imo!
should be up to 1999CC NA, 2000 and above NA and then the same for Turbo/Nos.

prehaps its jsut to make the heavy cars like cavs feel good lol

Will F
06-06-05, 09:09 AM
Fantastic time matey!
Well done. Wated to have a butchers at your car at PV, but didnt see it!!

srs1
06-06-05, 10:15 AM
i thought after, should have said the car was in class c. 2400cc and over.
there best time was low 14's.
could of borrowed riggys generator and out it in the boot.
so the car technically had 2.4cc in it lol

nova---chris
06-06-05, 11:08 AM
Good time there mate. Must be getting those launches spot on.
Dont know of any other 1.6 in the 13's???
Fiar play tho if theres more to come. Look forward to catching up at some point :)

Unfortunatly im gonna be using gas soon. But the truth of it is if your hoping to run real quick times its the only way. Having seen olly hewitt run a 13.8 on throttles it made me think that my opt for noz instead of throttles may well be justified now. All good fun.

Jim
06-06-05, 12:21 PM
Nice one Oli.

Sorry I missed you through the day.

Jim

NovaNeil
06-06-05, 12:22 PM
Well done Oliver! The funny thing was your second run was 13.9..... after you'd been stuffing your face over lunch :lol: hahaha Defo more to come from that car! Your 13.8 was defo not the best launch i've seen you do before, so you'll soon be at your targeted 13.5 hopefully this year with a few more tweeks.

Neil

Snowface
06-06-05, 05:00 PM
did any of the 1.6 8v's run at pod? i.e. Jim?

benji
06-06-05, 05:27 PM
nathan ran 15.5

Matt Nova
06-06-05, 05:41 PM
well done mate glad to see you're beatin most of the larger cc's it pays to be different

skud52
06-06-05, 05:57 PM
it pays to be different

actually it costs to be different :roll:

Gunzi
06-06-05, 06:02 PM
nice one that is a fine job - bet you made a mockery of some much larger machinery!

Any links to spec of your car? Sounds like there is one very sorted engine under your bonnet to say the least!

gunzi

Jim
06-06-05, 06:59 PM
did any of the 1.6 8v's run at pod? i.e. Jim?

Yeah, I got a 13.9...honest, lol.

No, I didn't run.

Jim

Philsutton
06-06-05, 07:01 PM
thats a good time for a 1.6, its fcuking depressing though

Jonlem
06-06-05, 07:04 PM
That is a great time, I'd would be well happy with that,

that is certainly proof that small blocks are much better in a way, sadly as pointed out only for quite a serious price though, but the money is worth it when u start getting times liek that :D top stuff,

think i may of raced you on one run, did u have your bonnet off?

NovaNeil
06-06-05, 07:06 PM
My old 1.6 8v Turbo engine... (well most of it) ran a 14.6 beating Scott :lol: by 0.1 of a second. Thats all I went there to watch :D

Dan
06-06-05, 07:15 PM
absolutley stunning time mate bet your over the moon after all the hard work :D 8) i did actually see you run your 13.8 (but didnt realise it was yours until later :roll: )

Now stop messing around and get the said 13.5's you are after :wink: :lol: :lol:

and lmao @ phil :lol: :lol: :lol:

karl Rowntree
06-06-05, 07:25 PM
Well done that man!

You should of heard the support you were getting at the start line i.e me Colin and Neil all shouting COME ON MY SON :wink:

Really chuffed for you mate, makes me wish i had built a car to your spec.

Any one see Lee run? The only run i seen him do, he got a 14.?. Would of thought he would of broke the 13's with his spec.

P.S Oli, sorry i walked into you mate i was still a little drunk lol. Ive got a sore on my lip now though, i need to wrap myself up in cotton wool!

Karl

scott.parker
06-06-05, 09:08 PM
My old 1.6 8v Turbo engine... (well most of it) ran a 14.6 beating Scott :lol: by 0.1 of a second. Thats all I went there to watch :D

Ok ok shut up you,your just never going to let that drop now :roll: :lol:

My excuse's are..

A,mike is a lot lighter then i am :lol:

B.mine is more powerfull and harder to launch of the line :roll:

C.bigginers luck,as he got same range of times there affter,you know i could of done a better time :lol:

No well done oli mate i love your car,and i recon if mike kills the turbo he's got the idea of going 1.6 16v TB now ,well done to mike for his 14.6 against me.

Scott

PS: Neil it was very close,down to 0.5 of a second :wink:

Snowface
06-06-05, 10:19 PM
Dan's 14.3 second 1.6 8v N/A time compared to those 1.6 Turbo and 20XE times is v. respectable and goes to show what can be achieved with N/A, as does Oli's time in the 16v.

Adam Moran
06-06-05, 10:28 PM
That is a great time, I'd would be well happy with that,

that is certainly proof that small blocks are much better in a way, sadly as pointed out only for quite a serious price though, but the money is worth it when u start getting times liek that :D top stuff,

think i may of raced you on one run, did u have your bonnet off?

Yes you did matey....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/novaaj/PVS%2005/DSC00773.jpg

Aragorn
06-06-05, 11:41 PM
surely running with the bonnet off will add an enormous amount of drag?

did u do comparison runs with it off and with it on?

i honesty cant see the amount of extra power from "cold air" would offset that drag...

Adam Moran
06-06-05, 11:50 PM
Hi Kev, Saw your car but couldnt find you :( asked a few people around but u were no where to be seen :roll:

I've also ran my car with out the bonnet and got the same time as i did with it on. Makes no difference.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/novaaj/22.jpg

dhdev (Oli)
07-06-05, 07:44 AM
Cheers all!
i've found from experience that bonnet removal does help, the drag only makes a real difference above about 80-90mph as far as i know, and is more than offset by the power increase / reduced weight plus i haven't got a bonnet stay so with it on it would've cooked queueing for the start :roll: :D
hopefully with some better starts, more weight saving and some sticky tyres (road legal) i'll be closer to the 13.5 i want.
anybody know what the classes are for USC? if theres a smaller than 2.0l class i'm gonna go for the win :twisted: :twisted:

Silky_xe
07-06-05, 08:23 AM
i ran a 14.661 which i was well happy with!

Thanks again you lot for letting a few of us on your stand!

Aragorn
07-06-05, 12:38 PM
yer im seriously liking those times your running there

i see all these 2.0's running what are imo shit times for the power to weight ratio involved

your times seem really good

i know i'd be wanting around dans times with 1.6 16v on tb's

what spec is your engine? does it have cams or summat as it seems to be putting out a healthy amount of power...

dhdev (Oli)
07-06-05, 12:51 PM
http://www.novaload.net/features/viewfeature.php?ref=2101

the specs all there^^^

the cams i've got are uprated but are actually very mild (276?) and are holding the engine back. hopefully towards the end of this year i'll get some with more lift and much more duration, which could see gains of 10-20bhp :D

Ben
07-06-05, 01:03 PM
Hopefully after will's cars gone on a serious diet he will be getting similar times, they are very good gives a true comparison of the 8v and 16v motors.

Mark T
07-06-05, 07:43 PM
well done mate. I was the bloke with the shitty looking SR on TB's trying to have a look at your throttle cable lol

Adam Moran
07-06-05, 08:05 PM
Ah hello matey :D i was the lad who gave you some tape for your cable ;) (well jb's tape actually lol)

your nova might not look mint but my god does it go ;) loving the gear box too.. how much did that set u back?

Mark T
07-06-05, 09:51 PM
?300 ;)

No sh1t second hand. Brought it of a mate of mine... Oh that reminds me i need to give his arm back.

Good to put a user name to the face lol... Yeah really big thanks for the tape finally got a reasonable time down. More practice on the launches tho!