PDA

View Full Version : will anyone help

carmo1985
05-06-05, 09:33 PM
Hey, ive got a few questions, A mk2 spoiler fits on a mk1 and ive recently bought one for my car on ebay, how does this fit on? Also, does a mk2 grill just screw on like the one thats already on the mk1?

-tucny-
06-06-05, 08:34 AM
ok this is not in the styling forum but as your a newbie il help ya anyway,

i assume youve got the gsi, sr type spoiler? is this an OE rubber one or a fibreglass one? if its the OE one then it will fit by drilling four holes in the top of the tailgate (that match with the bolts on the spoiler) and screwing a nut on each bolt. if its a fibre glass one then i would advise lining it up on you tailgate, seeing how much it doesnt fit and spending a bit of time with a sander till it does fit better then bond it on with some bonder/sealer and to be safe a large self tapping screw on each side (to be fitted from the inside). seal around each drilled hole too so you dont get water in!

as for the mk2 grill, this just clips in to place. there are four clips to the top of the grill which clip in to holes on the slam panel (im not sure weather these are the same on the mk1 and mk2 if not then a few screws will have to go in instead of the clips) and there is a clip on each side where the grill fixes to the wing.

i assume you have the mk2 wings as so the grill can clip to these?

hope this helps and welcome to novaload!

and i was a bit slow there and nearly spelt nova --- nover.

im a squishy brain this morning :?: :| :? :?: :idea: :)