PDA

View Full Version : PV Show

Jim
05-06-05, 06:23 PM
So, what did you all think, did you have a good time, etc.

I had a really good day. I'm very tired though, and I've only driven 20miles home, lol. Was good to see a lot of folks. Tried to chat with as many people as possible. Thanks for all the comments on the car, it's very much appreciated.

Cheers

Jim

benji
05-06-05, 06:28 PM
just got in. had a great day nice to speak to everyone see you all at the next one.

dan16v
05-06-05, 06:30 PM
wish id gone :cry:

Mike.
05-06-05, 06:31 PM
wish id gone :cry:

same here, i'll be there next year

dan16v
05-06-05, 06:40 PM
me to! maybe in my own car for once! :lol:

Rick Draper
05-06-05, 06:53 PM
Roll on trax. PV was ok but Trax is far better, there are more tarts there.

Stuart
05-06-05, 06:58 PM
the women at Pv were like vauxhals, ok from a distance but close up they are built with bad parts lol.

Nice day, got the POD burn ;) im sure others have too.

I booked my first official trackday (should be a giggle)

boredbloke
05-06-05, 07:25 PM
anyone got any pics?

rikih
05-06-05, 07:27 PM
see your car jim still looking really great! i had a good day and got 2 well good videos of the 5second 1/4 mile rocket car!
a few v fast novas there today did i see one at 12.8?

Dan
05-06-05, 07:33 PM
yep was a good day, i didnt rotate and mingle like normal for a change and just mulled around enjoying a hassle free day (although being up since 4am prob didnt help lol). Yet again met a few new peeps along with the normal rabble which is always good, although in my laziness didnt get round to speaking to the ones i wanted to lol :lol:

Thanks to all who attended from novaload and roybacer, the quality of the cars on the stand this year was very good again with abit of something for all tastes.

HOW the hell did you get pod burn lololol, you must live in a cave or something and this daylight stuff is all new :lol: :lol:

scott.parker
05-06-05, 07:59 PM
I also really enjoyed the day was the best show i think i have been to in ages,i think cus it was not too hot helped

I got to speak to dan chris t and also stu for a sec or to,but only saw chris slator as i was leaving he jumped in my car while i was queing :lol:
every time i spoted you jim i got disstracted before i could tak to you,or was it you wer avoiding me :? :lol:

Had a great time met new faces such as Ben "skooby" and others Rexy gaz,and also got a new slightly better time of 14.711 @ 96 mph :D TB's her i come..

Also have got a nice red head,how i got pod burn i never know :roll:

Scott

mikey14sr
05-06-05, 08:03 PM
Good day I thought, finally got to meet a few of you and we had a good few drinks last night. Car of the day for me was the flip-front RWD valver, interesting space-framing at the front and the inside dominated by the tranny tunnel. Looking forward to meeting some more of you at trax.

addgsi
05-06-05, 08:15 PM
had a good day all in all apart from the fan belt problem nice to see some quality cars on your stand some interestin cars about and that was just in the car park lol might get to speak to some of you at trax loved the nova racin the cossie only .12 of a second behind (i think)lol

ad :lol:

SKoob
05-06-05, 08:34 PM
T'was a top day, was good to meet some people from here, didn't get a chance to speak to everyone as most of you weren't near ya cars :lol: It was also nice to see some of the motors off here in the metal, some proper minters there 8) and the novas seemed to be doing very well up the strip 8)

epo
05-06-05, 08:35 PM
what time did rexy get in his 1.0l then

SKoob
05-06-05, 08:36 PM
he didn't even do a 1/4, his car was parked next to mine all day :lol:

Rexy
05-06-05, 08:40 PM
I couldnt bring myself to do it matey after the comments made by peeps when a 1.2 corsa got around 22sec's lol.

I just chilled walked around all day and chatted to a few NL members, Was a pretty sound day, some nice cars okish ladies and more importantly some tidy nova's :D

Oh and sweety stu really like my Girly blue nova... Bless.

Dan
05-06-05, 08:44 PM
fanny :lol: :lol:

Jonlem
05-06-05, 08:48 PM
was a great day, weather wasn't too bad, glad it didn;t rain although it looked like it was going to all day !

good to catchup with a few of you again, trying to find some pics of my car now! hopefully blackett photographer will post the pic up of me doing the monster 3rd gear gas burnout lol

roll on trax :)

Rexy
05-06-05, 08:50 PM
fanny :lol: :lol:

Lick me!!! :?

Stuart
05-06-05, 08:52 PM
i thought your car was white lol

its a homo baby blue in real life!! the quality is decent though. good effort for little ??

SKoob
05-06-05, 08:53 PM
i thought your car was white lol

me too :lol:

Rexy
05-06-05, 08:54 PM
nahh dude's (pun) it's a really light blue.

CP
05-06-05, 09:25 PM
:lol:

very clean your nova is mate - i cast a critical eye over the paint work and you had a bargain there :D

nathan.
05-06-05, 09:26 PM
It was a good day, didn't think it was as good as last year imo (proberly because of weather), i spent most the day on the 1/4 mile. got my 60 foot times down to 2.2's. just need to work on the reaction times lol.
Spoke to a few of you.
Fancy Chris letting the 'nutter' benji out in your car :lol: . What times did benji get?

Chris
05-06-05, 09:30 PM
lol, Ben ran a 17.4 then a 15.2 and a 15.3. The fag blamed it on the car. Bad workman blames his tools :wink: . Top weekend for me, just got back and had some tea, both me a Char have very slight POD burn. Just need a good night sleep now.

Just a quickie to say thanks to everyone who attended and the campers from last night. Was a great laugh. Roll on Donington now :lol:

Chris

Rexy
05-06-05, 09:36 PM
:lol:

very clean your nova is mate - i cast a critical eye over the paint work and you had a bargain there :D

Cheer's CP :wink:

N0V4TAKA
05-06-05, 09:36 PM
it was a good day yeh and i dont no how jim didnt win car of the show to say what other cars were put forward i fort they were s**t.

cant weight till the next show see you all then

Ojc
05-06-05, 09:41 PM
Did you not see the Corsa that won car of the show?

I'm sorry but that was just incredible, everything was perfect.

Jim
05-06-05, 09:43 PM
every time i spoted you jim i got disstracted before i could tak to you,or was it you wer avoiding me :? :lol:

LOL, I saw your car Scott...very dissapointed to see it on another stand - tsk, tsk, lol ;) but I didn't see you until right at the very end. I think you were chatting to Rexy or possibly benji.

I missed speaking to loads of people, and forgot to get some bits from dhdev - doh!

Jim

Jim
05-06-05, 09:44 PM

I agree, you could tell it had a lot of money spent on it.

Jim

mr.smile
05-06-05, 09:48 PM
just to say was a quality day n the camping was quality but best bit was to meet people as never met any1 of the board so thanks for everything hope to do it again sometime just let me no when the next show is :lol:
adam

N0V4TAKA
05-06-05, 09:52 PM
Did you not see the Corsa that won car of the show?

not my cup of tea but thats just me

peester
05-06-05, 09:56 PM
hey, the show didnt quite work out for me - i spent the day unwell.. :cry:
and my mates were all too looney arsing about everywhere -hence not really gettin to speak to many people.. and i must apologise for the exhaust my car wore today - my mate fitted it yesterday despite me never telling him to and its looks gash.. its coming off asap. Doesnt sound too bad though.. :)
highlights for me was seeing annas car (concours GSi); then seein her run it a couple of times on the 1/4. Also J800ST..(?) sliky turbo'd Gsi made me smile everytime that ran the 1/4.. scott run was good too - starting to get consistant now arent ya bud?

Ojc
05-06-05, 09:56 PM

I agree, you could tell it had a lot of money spent on it.

Jim

Engine bay had SBD everything, chrome lower arms, mirror finnish underneath I could go on and on and on.

Amazing, the CorsaSport lads are on about giving up modifying because they won't ever beat what that lad has created.

Rexy
05-06-05, 09:58 PM
still a corsa tho... :lol:

rikih
05-06-05, 10:16 PM
it was great that silk turbo was mad! sadly did not meet any novaload ppl either :(

did anyone see that pulsar gti-r blow its gear box right at the end of the day?!?! that had to be a highlight!!!!

scott.parker
05-06-05, 10:17 PM
the CorsaSport lads are on about giving up modifying because they won't ever beat what that lad has created.

Thats just silly,i wouldnt stop messing with mine just cus some els has made a good car,as surly it shoud just be to your taset and for what you wish to use it for,as tbh im not all that into the show and shine thing,lol as you could tell if you saw my car :lol:

scott run was good too - starting to get consistant now arent ya bud?

Cheers mate,yeah i think the car is at its limit and couldnt get much higher then say 14.6,bu i my self still need a lot of improvement yet,as im still trying to find a good way of getting of the start as quick as posible.. :wink:

Jim mate yeah i was there with the pvg,i booked it ages ago with them mate way bofore NL posted about tickets going on sale,never know i might go on stand with you lot next year :D

Scott

dan16v
05-06-05, 10:33 PM
never mind this car talk crap, where are the pics of birds in short skirts and bikini tops!! some one must have taken a photo of some slags! :D

scott.parker
05-06-05, 10:35 PM
lol look in chrisis post,pic of the only nice bird :lol:

srs1
05-06-05, 10:55 PM
it was a good day.

the camping was interesting (i think) from what people have told me, it sounded good lmao. (litterally)

had a few runs at the 1/4 myself, was pleased that i got a 14.6 in one run and 2 14.8's.
also ran on that RR thingy. so i now have some figures of what the car is running and doing on the 1/4. i shall get the times down thou.

big thanks to all that attended. the stand was full as, and the quality of the cars were awsome.
i am also just starting to feel a tad bit burnt. guted really, i had factor 15 and 30 in my bag too.

oh by the way chris, we cheated in the tug of war. and still lost grrrrrr!

Andy_05
05-06-05, 11:10 PM
if i knew rexy i would have come over an got him 2 race me against my 1ltr coz im convinced they are faster than a lot of corsas i rekon considerin the fact there only 1ltr theyd do ok

burgo
05-06-05, 11:48 PM
wernt bad apart from wimen trouble which i why i also left early :(, sorry i didnt say bye to any of you but i was trying to avoid ear ache. i dont spose any one was sad enough to take a pic of my beast were they just i had no batteries :(

dhdev (Oli)
06-06-05, 07:34 AM
sorry i missed u jim! i did come looking but never spotted u. At the end of the day neil said he'd spoken to u and we were gonna drive round to give u the door cards but the queue to get out meant we were stuck for about an hour and a half :roll:

Dave
06-06-05, 09:34 AM
i got pod burn too got a nose like rudolph now lol
was good to catch up with people and meet new faces
some very nice cars on the stand this year
still feel tired an slept realy well and i didn't realise there there were two 5 o'clocks!

Stoo
06-06-05, 10:32 AM
Hello peeps!

Nice to meet some of u finally! Had a top weekend! Impressed with the quality of the cars on the NL stand! Pity i never made it in one piece as such but never mind! I got there in the end! Big thanks to sean for ringing round and CP for the box, unfortunate that nothing could be done! Any pictures of the BUMper cars guys?? Top laugh! Anybody got a pic of the car that one best in show??

Hope to see u all again sometime in the near future! With a healthy car this time lol

Stu!

loggyboy
06-06-05, 11:01 AM
Just wanted to say a quick thanks to yourselves for letting the few RBers use the corner of the stand.
We'll have our own next time promise!

I think Andys LET Saloon stole the show - if you dont count Austins :lol: ive never seen such a crowd! )

All in all a great day ... especially for my lil Merit - set a 14.281 @ 95.77mph...

not bad for a 100% standard XE... infact i believe it may be the quickest.. any1 shed any light on times of other Novas with standard XEs?

Ben
06-06-05, 11:05 AM
Was good day, met 1 or 2 new people and chatted to loads of the old crowd, had a good chat with CP.

Shame was struggling in the van and couldnt get the times down, but we found out why on the way home! :lol:

-Bruce-
06-06-05, 12:29 PM
Was a great weekend. The camping was a top laugh but we wont go into that lol.

The NL stand did look very good, so many well prepared novas. I have so many people to thank and there was so many I never got to speak to.

Seen so many novas setting great times up the strip. Well done all!!

Bruce

BongMong
06-06-05, 01:01 PM
Good Weekend..

Some Smart nova's at the stand..

Im buying a 1.6 16v now :) Nova GTE16v :)

crazychris1234
06-06-05, 02:53 PM
i had a great time there lots of different novas done in different ways excellent i loved it the only bad thing was that i got the pod burn lol:)

i have pics but i dont know much about computers so i dont know how to put them on so if you want to see them let me know how you do it pls

Dave
06-06-05, 03:45 PM
read here
www.novaload.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=71305

Ian_Gsi16v
06-06-05, 04:29 PM
Good Weekend..

Some Smart nova's at the stand..

Im buying a 1.6 16v now :) Nova GTE16v :)

I'll still rip ya :D

Was my first time at PVS, will definetly be going next year...

What dates billing this year?

crazychris1234
06-06-05, 04:43 PM
it says the link no longer exists so i still cant put pics up:(

billing is on the 9th 10th july i believe

srs1
06-06-05, 04:46 PM
you need to host your pics through someone like photobucket etc.

then use the put picture link here tags

Matt Nova
06-06-05, 05:19 PM
aye loved the day and the camping saw loads of nice cars didn't get to meet anyone tho

Chris S
06-06-05, 07:27 PM
All in all a great day ... especially for my lil Merit - set a 14.281 @ 95.77mph...

not bad for a 100% standard XE... infact i believe it may be the quickest.. any1 shed any light on times of other Novas with standard XEs?
i built a standard XE nova saloon and that ran a 14.076

Rach
06-06-05, 07:52 PM
i had a great time... ended up getting home at 11 last night :cry: lol

stu - lucky for you, i did have photos of the bumper cars, but they're not very good and not incriminating :?

camping was brilliant, although i have bruises all over from the fairground...!

i was almost dead at work this morning, but it was definately worth it!

and dammit sean...! don't tell chris we cheated :lol:

karl Rowntree
06-06-05, 07:55 PM
I had a top weekend all be it a very drunk one! I was surprised you all went to bed so early, me and Mart Weaver were up until gone 5am drinking lager and talking cod shit :lol: I went home with 7 cans left, i took 24 with me :o Just to make sure though i got back yesturday and went straight back out to the pub, well thats me done for the next month.

Was really good to catch up with the people i spoke to, sorry if i was a little quite i really wasnt up for talking much as you can imagine :wink:

The stand looked great aswell with some very well built cars, Jims was the best finished car on the stand (if finished is the right word) My personal favorite was the white GSI replica at the back of the stand, loved it mate.

Congrats to all the 1/4 times aswell, i was most chuffed for beastie who got a 13 dead! Well done mate, shame you didnt make it into the 12's maybe if you had had you hair shaved instead of cut you may have done it.

See you all at Billing

Karl

Mark Beeson
06-06-05, 08:26 PM
I was there until the last fews rubs of the day.The winner in the silk violet nova ended up doing a 12.28@116. Mint

Last year I did a 13.3 @110 . The first runs of the year with full interior I managed a 13.04 @ 111mph well chuffed . But now Ive got to strip the interior and get some 12's!!!!

I got all of my 6 runs done within 37 mins. Thats amazing for santa pod normally that long for 1 run. Just shows what you can do when you get up at 5:30!
Mint show and yes I got burned.

scott.parker
06-06-05, 08:29 PM
I had a top weekend all be it a very drunk one! I was surprised you all went to bed so early, me and Mart Weaver were up until gone 5am drinking lager and talking cod s**t :lol: I went home with 7 cans left, i took 24 with me :o Just to make sure though i got back yesturday and went straight back out to the pub, well thats me done for the next month.

Was really good to catch up with the people i spoke to, sorry if i was a little quite i really wasnt up for talking much as you can imagine :wink:

The stand looked great aswell with some very well built cars, Jims was the best finished car on the stand (if finished is the right word) My personal favorite was the white GSI replica at the back of the stand, loved it mate.

Congrats to all the 1/4 times aswell, i was most chuffed for beastie who got a 13 dead! Well done mate, shame you didnt make it into the 12's maybe if you had had you hair shaved instead of cut you may have done it.

See you all at Billing

Karl

That would explain why you said keep that bacon roll away from me when i saw you at 9.30 :lol:

Was a god show mate,i realy enjoyed my self loads even without camping,think it was cus nomaly i would be in a coma for halth of it,like the PVG national last year :lol:

Scott

Ojc
06-06-05, 09:13 PM
I had a top weekend all be it a very drunk one! I was surprised you all went to bed so early, me and Mart Weaver were up until gone 5am drinking lager and talking cod s**t :lol: I went home with 7 cans left, i took 24 with me :o Just to make sure though i got back yesturday and went straight back out to the pub, well thats me done for the next month.

See you all at Billing

Karl

Ahh gee thanks :D Makes all the hard work worth it with comments like that.

Next up for it is black leather re-trim and headlining.

krobinson
06-06-05, 09:26 PM
maybe if you had had you hair shaved instead of cut you may have done it.

Karl

He cant take his helmet off, it saves him from such activitys as falling down large steep enbankments! :lol:

Keith

karl Rowntree
06-06-05, 09:41 PM
Look forward to seeing your progress in the future mate. I can appreciate what you have done to it because of how it strated life (it was a 1.2 wasnt it?) Most people would walk by a standard looking GSI but it isnt at the end of the day. White GSI imo best looking nova vauxhall produced.

:lol: At Keith, it still freaks me out thinking about what could of been that night.

Mark Beeson
06-06-05, 10:03 PM
Beasty dead NO way theres plenty left in the old dog yet! Karl does everyone on here know what happend one late :P night in Germany????

Adam Moran
06-06-05, 10:38 PM
NO beasty :lol: DO tell :wink:

jamie gsi16v
06-06-05, 10:54 PM
had a great day evan though i had no sleep, unfortunatly i didnt get to run my 1.6 16v up the track as the manifold split racing down there, just parked it up n let everybody play on the ps2, thort id have the only orange nova there but one parked about 4 cars away.... gutted! got plenty of good comments on the wide arches n stuff though, all in all i had a good day.
plus a big thanks too just novas n phill sutton for sellin some of my parts.

Aragorn
06-06-05, 11:15 PM
i had a great time although as usual i didnt get a chance to speak to everyone, i did speak to a few new faces, benji and MC that i recall

pity me car looked a bit crap (and rusty) but its coming along sloowly and hopefully by trax i'll have most of the rust sorted and the speedlines i collected fitted

my bro managed a 18.7 in his 1.2i after two shit runs, im sure he could do better too with enough practice, i saw a 1.3sr on 40's running 19's so it cant be that slow

perhaps a diff change is next on the cards and some more 1.2i mods :)

Riggy
06-06-05, 11:24 PM
as already said i had a top day and camping was ace as usual

stu the BUMper cars were so funny lol

got to meet some more new faces (kevster,mikey,stu,)and good to catch up with the regular lot we were the last ones up when we turned the genny of at night lol

ps rexy lad I PITTY THE FOOL :wink:

burgo
07-06-05, 12:23 AM
the bumper cars was the best bit of the weekend, i thought i was gonna die laughing

loggyboy
07-06-05, 10:33 AM
Thats great going.. looks like il need to be aming for the 13s then :lol:

what was the spec of that? filter, exhaust, tyres, suspension, interior etc?

Stoo
07-06-05, 10:36 AM
The BUMper cars was hilarious! Had hand prints on my arse for ages!! Courtesy of Sean and Chris!! Funniest had to be when chris fell into the middle on to his ass! Cars dodgin him Left right and centre! Pity no one got any pics or video! Show people wat really goes on when Nova enthusiasts get together and have a little drinky poo!

Awesome night! Have to go better next time!

Stu

N0V4TAKA
07-06-05, 11:40 AM
the bumper cars was the best bit of the weekend, i thought i was gonna die laughing

me to m8

Jim
07-06-05, 01:11 PM
Thats great going.. looks like il need to be aming for the 13s then :lol:

what was the spec of that? filter, exhaust, tyres, suspension, interior etc?

Surely standard means, well standard, as in standard filter, standard exhaust, standard tyres, etc? :P

Whats the spec of your car loggy?

Jim

loggyboy
07-06-05, 01:41 PM
Surely standard means, well standard, as in standard filter, standard exhaust, standard tyres, etc? :P
Whats the spec of your car loggy?
Jim

standard XE, not standard car.

Exhaust and filter are only modified as orginal spec wont fit... If any1s crammed a cav air box in a nova they have one bloody strong and large shoe horn! :lol:

Spec is here (http://www.novaload.net/features/viewfeature.php?ref=1625)

Rach
07-06-05, 08:58 PM
these are the only two pics i have of "that" night :lol: lol

taken with my phone so sorry about the quality...

chris and burgo trying not to look gay... :?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v32/rachelclewer/fair1.jpg

and chris exposing himself to the entirity of the bumper car participants and crowd...

(it's not quite as incriminating as i hoped though...) :(
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v32/rachelclewer/fair2.jpg

Rexy
07-06-05, 10:05 PM
ps rexy lad I PITTY THE FOOL :wink:

I pity the Dam Fool, i aint no dude.. Damm fool.