PDA

View Full Version : front door speakers

deamon
27-02-02, 08:37 PM
I have an old nova star which has no speakers in the doors but crappy little ones in the corners of the dash. Is there anyway i could put in some 13cm speakers into the doors and not use the little speakers?

they mostly come at night, mostly

Stuart
27-02-02, 11:18 PM
read one post down! and look through the other posts for info!

Im a Corporate tart :D

deamon
28-02-02, 07:19 AM
How can I make some door pods? Is there a guide anywhere? should I angle the speakers upwards towards the passengers or what?

keith.froom
28-02-02, 10:09 AM
yes you can make door pods and its better if you angle them up did mine with 6.5 inch mini subs check out the link for pics

http://uk.briefcase.yahoo.com/kf139

jell
02-03-02, 10:44 AM
Its also better to point them towards the rear view mirror although if you get some one else to help you they can keep changing the position to get the best sound, and they can also get electricuted as well:D

deamon
02-03-02, 06:12 PM
thanks guys

jon_boy
06-03-02, 03:23 PM
would it be possible to mount some 5&1/4" speakers actually into my door?
thank you jon_boy

wisewood
06-03-02, 04:06 PM
yes jon boy you can.
just take off the door card and cut out the hole... attach the speaker and put it back...
then you need to either run speaker wire through the door or inside car long enough to reach when door is open.
hope that helps in some way... i got confused half way through

TunaFish is the way forward... you mark my words. :D

novax
02-04-02, 11:50 PM
I've just fitted Pioneer TS-E135s (13cm) into the doorcards no problem but remember when cutting the holes about the door-stay inside and the rim of the dash when you close the door.

Use plenty of sound deadening.

VauxMD - "Do it once, do it right!"