PDA

View Full Version : Nurburgring ferry details, all intrested please read

karl Rowntree
03-06-05, 11:16 PM
Right then, ive booked up my ferry for the crossing in September. I have booked the following dates:

Depart Calais: Thursday 15th September 11.15

Returning from Boulogne: Tuesday 20th September 5.30

Total cost was ?48! I believe its that price as long as you return within 1 week, so if you cant get out until Friday the price should still be the same.

I am currently sorting a hotel out for everyone so i really need to know definate people if possible so i can book the hotel out.

The Mitsubishi Lancer Register and Lancer-Evo net are over on the same weekend so expect to see quite a few fast english cars out there!

Start a list of definates below if we can, cut and paste your name

Karl + possibly andy b as co- driver?????

Chris
03-06-05, 11:44 PM
Please sort me out for the hotel Karl, I will sort the ferry for me

Karl + possibly andy b as co- driver
Chris + Charlotte (double room if possible please)

Cheers

Chris

NovaBen
03-06-05, 11:51 PM
Yep, me too!

There's me and i'm bringing a male mate of mine this time, not the Missus! So i'll have a twin room thanks. Karl, are you trying to book the Nordschleife hotel again?

Karl + possibly andy b as co- driver
Chris + Charlotte (double room if possible please)
Ben + Matt (twin room, i don't want any funny stories going around :wink: )

Cheers

Ben

karl Rowntree
04-06-05, 12:11 AM
Ok guys thanks for posting.

The deal with the hotel will be as follows, i will secure space for us all and then you will have to ring up and quote you will be in my group and give your card details (but you do not pay until you leave) You can request what room you want when you phone.

We will hopefully be staying in the guesthouse steffen in Herschbroich, just up the road from Nordschleife. Evo-net have booked it up allready and tbh i prefered the hotel we stayed in last time.

Karl

Ben
04-06-05, 12:15 AM
Is that the week after Trax? I will make so enquires as could well be intrested. will let you know asap.

NovaBen
04-06-05, 12:23 AM
Its 2 weeks after Trax. Trax is on the 4th of September.

Ben

Chris
04-06-05, 09:36 AM
Is that the week after Trax? I will make so enquires as could well be intrested. will let you know asap.

Support van? :lol: :lol:

TWAG
04-06-05, 09:43 AM
I am definatly up for this! i wanted to go to the last trip but the car just wasnt ready in time!

karl Rowntree
04-06-05, 11:36 AM
No worries Ben, put everything else on hold it really is worth making the trip :wink:

Get your name down Twag if you are definate mate, just so i have numbers.

Everyone else, if you are coming get your ferry booked. Places will start to run out seeing as there are 3 english car clubs going over, dont leave it until the last minute as you will be disappointed!

Karl

krobinson
04-06-05, 01:20 PM
Karl, get me booked in too mate.

Keith & Co Driver (not mart, cant convince him)

Keith

benji
04-06-05, 05:30 PM
i won't be able to make it. i'll be in the canaries.

maybe next year

Ben
04-06-05, 07:59 PM

Support van? :lol: :lol:

Will hopefully be in the Corsa but if all fails then the Van will come out to play!

TWAG
06-06-05, 05:14 PM
karl, ill definatly be coming if not in the turbo, then the xe nova pickup will be out to play!

My mate should be bringing his xe corsa to.

Hows does the accomodation look? i will proberly have 3 other people with me.

krobinson
06-06-05, 07:23 PM
Depart Calais: Thursday 15th September 11.15

Returning from Boulogne: Tuesday 20th September 5.30

Hang on a minute... depart from calais? you dont live in france?? lol

Can you tell us the route mate? I take it, its not dover>calais this time?

I'll get it booked asap.

Keith

karl Rowntree
06-06-05, 07:34 PM
:oops: sorry Keith, havnt got my head on lately. Speed ferries depart from Dover but dock in Boulogne, and then the opposite for the return.

What i am going to have to say is the same as the MLR are doing with there trip. All book your own ferry crossing with the times you wish to cross on and if you want me to book you accomodation then i can only do this when i know you are definate. Its just that i dont want to mess Edgar around, ive had people let me down with numbers in the past and i dont want to end up with your bill :wink:

So the short of it is, get your ferry booked, tell me and i will get accomodation numbers sorted for you. All you will have to do then is ring up the hotel and give your card details and you are all booked up.

I know there are a few of you that will be leaving it awhile before you book because of the funds needed, or because of work commitments. All i can say is, is if Edgar has room at the hotel i will be able to get you a place if not i am sure you will find accomodation elsewhere. But be warned its going to be a busy weekend with alot of people making the journey over so get booked up very soon.

Karl

krobinson
06-06-05, 07:35 PM
C'mon Karl, your online, wakey wakey :P

Keith

karl Rowntree
06-06-05, 07:58 PM
Hi Keith

If you mean MSN mate it doesnt work for me :( Send me a text or pm if you want a chat mate.

Matt EvoVI
06-06-05, 08:18 PM
Evo.net has all its members that are going booked for the hotel and the ferry and believe me it was a pain looking for hotel space.

My advice to you all get booked up soon :wink:

Can wait to see you all out there :D

Matt

Mark Beeson
06-06-05, 08:18 PM
Karlos it wont be the same without me!!! I defo cant come as ive already booked up the World Rally GB. Its on the same weekend!! Have a good un and watch your wallet with those german women! :oops:

karl Rowntree
06-06-05, 08:25 PM
Listen to Matt all, he speaks sense. Well sometimes anyway :lol: Going to set a dead line of this weekend for numbers so i can get the hotel booked. If you still aernt sure after that then i will give you all the details you need to get booked up when you are ready.

Beasty it just wont be the same! I might actually be able to relax with out you there :lol: What with too much drink, self harm and setting new land speed records it should be fairly tame this time :lol:

Well i did try yesturday and talk you round, was very surprised with lauras reaction i think she would be happy for you to go over again. Top lass!

Enjoy Wales, it will rain :lol:

Karl

karl Rowntree
06-06-05, 08:53 PM
www.speedferries.com

Book your ferry crossings at the above address, they are the cheapest :wink:

krobinson
06-06-05, 09:04 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v37/keithrobinson/wierddd.jpg

Wierd!! Whys the bloody thing gonna charge me ?60?

I have to book two bloody boats and the stupid thing decides to charge me more :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'll book tomorrow.

Keith

karl Rowntree
06-06-05, 09:45 PM
From what i can make out of how ferrys work Keith, the longer you leave it and the more people that book the higher the price.

They work on a stacking system, if you book really early you get it really cheap. As more peole book the price goes up.

Its probably because soom of the MLR and Evo net are getting on either our return our departing ferries.

My advice is book up soon guys!

Karl

Mark Beeson
06-06-05, 10:00 PM
Ive just checked for the same dates as this year for 2006 and ?50 notes!!!!!!!!!!!!!both ways

Matt EvoVI
06-06-05, 10:06 PM
Thats the same return time as our guys have :wink:

NovaBen
07-06-05, 06:19 PM
Yep, i booked my ferry the the other week, exactly the same as you karl, and it cost me ?48!
So thats a twin room needed for me Karl just to let you know :lol:
Ben

Ben
07-06-05, 08:51 PM
Job Done, all booked on the Ferry, cost me ?50 which is damn good as travel to belguim 4-5 times a year and never been that cheap!

Right Karl pm details if you can of what next to do...

Everyone needs to be nice to me as im shy :oops:

Chris
07-06-05, 10:57 PM
Ferry all booked up for me. Cheers Karl. Cant wait now!!

Chris

karl Rowntree
07-06-05, 11:08 PM
No worries Chris any time mate.

Ive had an email tonight off Edgar. The rooms will be 25.50 euro's each which is about ?16! He has space for 18 people in total (6 doubles and 2 triples) So far i think i have 10 definate, any more get your names down. My dead line with Edgar is saturday so i need to know before then.

Adam, are you still intrested? Cant remeber who else was?

Cheers guys. Karl

Chris
07-06-05, 11:14 PM
http://www.novaload.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=111169&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Chris
07-06-05, 11:22 PM
Currently from NL the member booked up in a little list are

Karl Rowntree
Chris + Charlotte
Ben
NovaBen

NickWalliams
08-06-05, 10:59 AM
Wish I could come back but doubt I will be able to afford it or get the time off work!!

Oh and Karl it doesnt always rain in Wales you know :wink:

krobinson
08-06-05, 06:09 PM
Currently from NL the member booked up in a little list are

Karl Rowntree
Chris + Charlotte
Ben
NovaBen

OI!!!!! How could u leave me out of that list :P

Karl Rowntree & Andy Bishop
Chris + Charlotte
Ben
NovaBen
Keith Robinson & Andy Milligan

Karl, let me know when you have it all booked, and PM me Edgars number! I'm actually looking forward to the egg, ham and bread breakfast again :)

Keith