PDA

View Full Version : 'Universal' backbox?????

dunova
03-06-05, 02:29 PM
How in the name of lucifer can a backbox (such as a rage) be universal? Surely all cars have different lengths/bores/shapes of pipe leading to their mid-section???

Just asking because i've seen one i wouldn't mind getting but it's fecking 'universal' which instantly brings a vision into my mind of it being a complete and utter arse fuck to fit.

Info/opinions please.........

STE Novavanman
03-06-05, 03:07 PM
you will have to cut yors down or lengthen it it probably has a clamp that adjusts to the size of your original tail pipe and will have a spacer for different widths of pipe.

General Baxter
03-06-05, 03:35 PM
if you have the std back box off the car, cut the pipe off that, and weld it to the uni box, so you will have the bend on :wink:

dunova
03-06-05, 07:16 PM
if you have the std back box off the car, cut the pipe off that, and weld it to the uni box, so you will have the bend on :wink:
Good point, although i'm welderless :x

you will have to cut yors down or lengthen it it probably has a clamp that adjusts to the size of your original tail pipe and will have a spacer for different widths of pipe.
I guess it will have a fitting kit then, although i cant imagine it being perfect lol.

The reason i'd like this rage one is that a mate of mine stuck one on his completely standard (apart from alloys) pug and it sounds awesome. Really 'smooth' sounding, hmmm

epo
03-06-05, 07:19 PM
i was wondering about this too as back box's for mine are so expensive

STE Novavanman
03-06-05, 07:40 PM
you can get a a connecting pipe that will down size the back box pipe to your standard system or least likely an up sizer that will increase to the size of you exhaust system if you weld this to your standard system and your uni back box it should be safe but u wanna get it right first time or it will look shat

STE Novavanman
03-06-05, 07:42 PM
another problem is if it will breath proparly with this on cause if it restricting the gas flow from your engine u could cause it damage

Nick
08-06-05, 09:12 PM
buy a universal box

and then buy the specific fitting kit i.e "omega fitting kit"

this will be a bend add-on pipe and it'l tell you where to attach it to, and what you need to modfiy

last time i look the Rage company were selling these veichle specific fitting kits to go with their universal box's

notenuffhoursintheday
08-06-05, 09:58 PM
im thinking of getting a twin 7 inch :D waht u reakon

srs1
08-06-05, 10:26 PM
your car will look like a wheel barrow!

STE Novavanman
09-06-05, 08:40 PM
and people will think your into ferret racing

dunova
09-06-05, 09:03 PM
and people will think your into ferret racing
Or they'll just think he's a chutney ferret
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/tezray/chutneylarge1ga.jpg

Mike.
09-06-05, 09:39 PM
your car will look like a wheel barrow!

:lol: :lol:

7inch twin pipes would look stupid

Adam
10-06-05, 12:24 AM
Just asking because i've seen one i wouldn't mind getting but it's fecking 'universal' which instantly brings a vision into my mind of it being a complete and utter a*** fcuk to fit.

They are a right biatch to fit, i used to have one on my astra, i fitted it with a few pieces of sawn off exhaust pipe, and 3tubs of gun gum :roll: :lol:

But it fitted so bad that it was like having an exhaust exit under my car 8) ,
i had to take it off when Mr exhaust and tyre worker, took one look at it, and looked at me with that sort of weird look.
Like, "WTF is this pile of s**t"
i denied all responsibility as to who fitted it tho :wink: :lol: :lol:

mad-driver
10-06-05, 12:40 AM
Just asking because i've seen one i wouldn't mind getting but it's fecking 'universal' which instantly brings a vision into my mind of it being a complete and utter a*** fcuk to fit.

They are a right biatch to fit, i used to have one on my astra, i fitted it with a few pieces of sawn off exhaust pipe, and 3tubs of gun gum :roll: :lol:

But it fitted so bad that it was like having an exhaust exit under my car 8) ,
i had to take it off when Mr exhaust and tyre worker, took one look at it, and looked at me with that sort of weird look.
Like, "WTF is this pile of s**t"
i denied all responsibility as to who fitted it tho :wink: :lol: :lol:

bob a job eh? lol