PDA

View Full Version : Alarm help

Nova_Tek
03-06-05, 12:12 AM
Got my alarm system today for my Nova MK1.

Been reading the manual tryin to get things in my head.

My question:

There are 2 grey wires coming from the alarm module. These wires are for indicator flash when armed/disarmed. The manual says I can connect to left/right indicator circuit Or to the hazard switch. Hazard switch is what I wanna use as its easy to access. Where or to what wires from the hazard switch plug do I connect the 2 grey wires? Theres quite a few wires on that plug and I dunno where to begin.

Am I right in saying theres a wire for each side of the indicators or is the wiring on that swicth hooked up to both left and right indicator circuits?

Many thanx

bump
03-06-05, 11:56 AM
alright mate

on the back of the hazzard connector there should be a black with white trace and a black with a green trace it wants to connec to these wires that should then flash the front, rear and side repeaters

Jack
03-06-05, 12:04 PM
Is it a Microscan alarm by any chance?

I had the same on mine. I actually found the indicator wires coming from the indicator stalk easier to get to than the hazard switch wires...

Nova_Tek
03-06-05, 12:22 PM
yeh mate its a microscan alarm. I'll have a look at both options see what I find easier.

You wouldnt know how to have the interior light delay or door lock on ignition would you.

The manual says something about a relay for the interior light delay but dont think my nova has one of them.

This what you get when your a alarm newbie :oops:

Thanx for your help

Jack
03-06-05, 01:50 PM
Yeah, the interior light delay is just for more modern cars that have the interior light stay on after the ignition has been turned off, your nova won't have this.

Not sure about the door lock on ignition though?

I remember my Microscan alarm manual being a nightmare to figure out, especially the wiring diagrams...!!

mikey14sr
03-06-05, 02:30 PM
On the toad c2 i've got on the astra the autolock with ignition is turned on and off by a bit of programming with the key. I've turned it off though cos I closed the door with the ignition on once and got locked out, luckilly with the toad you can just press the alarm fob with the engine running to lock/unlock the doors. Dont have the faintest clue about the microscan system though.

STE Novavanman
03-06-05, 02:41 PM
oh dear how much it cost should have bought a clifford with free fittng

boredbloke
03-06-05, 07:29 PM
i think u'll find it was probly about 100 quid

a clifford w/free fitting is about 350 lol!!

STE Novavanman
03-06-05, 07:34 PM
to right but its much better quality i never had a problem

Adam
03-06-05, 08:27 PM
I have a Microscan alarm, cost me ?40 off a mate.
And does the job fine. 8)

Nova_Tek-When fitting mine to my astra i just connected the indicator flash wires to the indicator wires at the indicator stalk.
I don't think it matters which wire you connect to which indicator.

Adam
03-06-05, 08:29 PM
to right but its much better quality i never had a problem
Yeah you would expect it be better quality if it costs about 7times as much as a microscan. :wink:

Nova_Tek
03-06-05, 09:34 PM
cheers lads.

In the end I hooked up the wires to the indicator stalk was simple, thanx for that.

As for the ignition door lock feature. I hooked up the relevant alarm wire to the 3rd connection on the rear side of the ignition switch so when you but the ignition on it will lock the doors.

Shame bout the interior delay but oh well.

Thanx