PDA

View Full Version : Optima Yellow Top Battery

NovaNeil
02-06-05, 12:30 PM
Hi,

I've just aquired one of these as was wondering if its any good as a replacement battery. As in I know its designed to be part of an ICE system to cope with large voltage draws and that your ment to use the Red Top version for starting the car with.

I was was just wondering if theres any negative views to using it this way?

Cheers

Neil

Stuart
02-06-05, 12:36 PM
umm a battery is a battery as far as car ones go lol. try it, if it dosent work ok thens ell it for the same you paid for it.

-Bruce-
02-06-05, 12:39 PM
As stu says a battery is a battery. Whats the current output on it?? And compare with a normall battery and see if its ok!!

Bruce

Dar
02-06-05, 01:22 PM
I had a little read of this :-
http://www.dcbattery.com/optima_yellow.html
Sounds fine to me just a better battery than the red top one.

-Bruce-
02-06-05, 01:30 PM
Yeh from that spec sheet the yellow battery looks good. Should have no probs with it neil.

Bruce

getlost29
02-06-05, 05:25 PM
as far as i can see its a better battery for those race cars that run with out alternators. so much better for those of u that run grass track in ur novas

NovaNeil
03-06-05, 07:13 AM
Ok, Cheers Guys.

For ?60 I can't complain really, and its only 6 months old.

Neil

S_Gault
03-06-05, 11:32 AM
a battery is not just a battery. some wil work , sone dont youve got to look at the startig current capacity

they become critical when dealing with high compression racers, thats why you find single seaters with a battery like a box of fruit pastils and a plug in slave battery for starting.

but if your talking about ICE- im afraid i know nothing

Steven