PDA

View Full Version : Nova GTE Running Shit! Help Plz

nicky_wilko
02-06-05, 07:58 AM
Hi,

I have a G reg Nova GTE which is chipped, cammed, power boost valve and K&N. A mate recently put some new spark plugs in (Bosh Super 4) and now it runs like an absoloute bag of shit! I took the spark plugs out again and checked them and all seemed ok, to me when there in they look like there not sat right into the head? Its now not half as fast as it use to be and seems to have sorta flatspots. Any help and advise would be great.

Thanks, Nick :D

Jack
02-06-05, 09:27 AM
Ditch the super 4 plugs, they're crap lol.... had them on my hatch for a week or so ages ago and it ran terrible. Went back to NGK spark plugs and it was fine :wink:

nicky_wilko
02-06-05, 10:17 AM
Cheers. Might give that a try, whar plugs do people recommend for the Nova GTE? Thanks 8)

nicky_wilko
02-06-05, 01:05 PM
Ive been told it may be the dizzy cap/rotorery arm/plugs leads and they all mite need changing.

Therefore anyone kno were i can get all the above for a good price and which ones would be best for the GTE? Thanks again

Aragorn
02-06-05, 03:52 PM
standard everything

ngk or vauxhall plugs, lucas or bosch cap and rotor depending on dizzy and decent leads

start introducing fancy shit and you'll just have problems

Snowface
02-06-05, 04:26 PM
NGK BPR6E

Gunzi
03-06-05, 06:24 PM
you can get plugs, leads and a dizzy from Halfords.

nicky_wilko
07-06-05, 01:31 PM
Right, just ordered the following from vauxhall:

Dizzy, Rotorey arm, plugs and leads. All stardard parts so we will see how she goes! :)

Also someone said something about firing order??? :confused:

The reason the plugs wernt going in right was due to a dodgy thread on the head so thats sorted now (Thread Cleaning Kit). Lastly im thinking of doing an oil change and replacing the oil with some performance oil, which does people recommend for the GTE?

Thanks again all!

Gunzi
07-06-05, 03:37 PM
firing order I think would relate to the order the leads go from the dizzy to the spark plugs, make sure they go back in the same order uremoved them!

I use 5w40 castrol GTX seems fine for my 1.6

gunzi