PDA

View Full Version : Can't get amp to turn on!!!

miles
07-03-02, 05:25 PM
Hi,
I have just put my kenwood 7090 into my nova and it wont turn the amp on!! I have checked the power and earths. I'm thinking it may be a problem with the blue wire that runs from headunit to amp.
Do I need to set anything on the headunit or should it just bring the amp on?
All my speakers are amp'd so I can't listen to anything at the mo.
Before I had a kenwood 6060 with the same wiring and it worked fine.

Thanks

Miles

Stuart
08-03-02, 01:33 AM
FUSE

Im a Corporate tart :D

miles
08-03-02, 01:41 AM
I've checked the in-line fuse for the power supply, both the fuses on the amp, the fuse in the headunit and even tried it with my other amp.
I think I'm going to have to double check all the wiring tomorrow,

Cheers

Miles

spanishfly
09-03-02, 09:22 AM
did u just use the old wiring connector???? cause i know that with the newer higher mp in the range they got voltage boosters and the power lead, if u used the old wiring harness put the new one in. Worth a try

why go slow if u can go fast! :-)

Dicko
09-03-02, 02:02 PM
u tried putting a thin piece of wire from the +ve battery connection to the switched +ve connection that goes to the headunit?

as long as you are connected to the batery and the earth is ok your amp WILL come on, but this is just to test it dont leave it connected like this as it will drain your batery and make funy noises when u dont have the stereo on!!

miles
09-03-02, 08:19 PM
I've sorted it now. There were 2 problems. On my old stereo the constant power and te ignition feed were the other way round, to I swapped the yellow and red wires around, secondly, In the manual it says that the pink and black wire is to be connected to the external amp, but really you need to connect it to the blue and white wire that is labled for the aerial.

All now ok, thanks for the advice.

Miles

Dicko
10-03-02, 03:04 AM
u sure its for the aerial and not an earth :o

b careful, lol