PDA

View Full Version : !!help!! ran out of petrol, filled up now car wont start??

jamie gsi16v
01-06-05, 07:27 PM
after finally getting the x16xe (1600 16v) running in my nova yesterday everything seemed fine, after having a quick test drive in it to try the brakes after bleeding, i came down the road to my house and ran out of petrol (bone dry aswell) rolled it into my drive and went and got a jerry can full, put it in and then went to start it..... it kept trying to fire then it stopped and just kept turning over? the only thing i have found is that the engine management light is now constantly on? but i carnt remember if it was anyway because the egr valve is not plugged in, im stuck?

Donova
01-06-05, 09:33 PM
think sometimes injection engines need bleeding, like diesels! never done it myself but a mate had a b.m.w that did what your describing. :|

Aragorn
01-06-05, 09:55 PM
nah electronic injection should self bleed

is the pump running?

remove the feed line from fuel rail and crank the engine over, u may find running it dry has fucked the pump

jamie gsi16v
01-06-05, 11:07 PM
aragon u were correct, pump was nackerd, put a new one on and its fine, cheers mate.

Aragorn
01-06-05, 11:26 PM
now u gorra ask yourself...

did u run out of fuel killing the pump in the process or did the pump simply give out making u think u'd killed the pump :lol:

and seen as uve fitted a mpi engine to a nova is it a proper MPi pump your using?

or is it the standard intank spi one?

jamie gsi16v
01-06-05, 11:35 PM
the car was a standard gsi before so i gues the tank/pump is mpi, dont no how ive done it? its ok now tho.

Aragorn
02-06-05, 09:58 AM
ah thats fine then

i used a 1.2i tank and had to fit a mpi pump from a astra