PDA

View Full Version : fuse blown?

MOL
01-06-05, 03:02 PM
hiya, bought a nova gsi yesterday, this mornin i was messin round with my head unit, and now my petrol gauge and rev counter arnt working, pretty sure i blew a fuse while fitting the head unit, but having checked the fuses quickly i cant see any blown?
anyone know which fuse controls the rev counter, petrol, oil gauges?
and wot else it may be, as i quickly checked the fuses just below the steering wheel?

cheers
mol

MOL
01-06-05, 03:46 PM
sorted it now ;)

SRlew
01-06-05, 03:58 PM
alright mate, i take it it was you that came and baught me bro's GSi then

MOL
02-06-05, 02:59 AM
yer mate, thats me, the knocking sound from the engine is getting sorted tomorow, found out it doesnt need a bottom end, its only a small job, tell ur bro cheers, im well pleased with it :)
was it you that was messin with the steering wheel m8? did u hav any luck afterwards? :)

cheers
mol

SRlew
02-06-05, 09:26 AM
yer thats was me messin with the steering wheel. nah i still havent got it off. iv bee trying for months now!

yer the cars nice in it. if i had a job i would of baught that one off him aswell.
you got any plans for it then or you leaving it standard just for a runabout?

lew

alxlaw
02-06-05, 01:46 PM
sr lew you need a draper steering wheel removal tool ?14.99 motor world, or go down to your local body shop n ask, they came out to me for a ?5er n fitted the new wheel too

pmitch5
02-06-05, 01:56 PM
or do as halfords mechanics do and take of the holding nut and then just rag at the wheel top bottom top bottom then side to side takes alot of efort but it works

SRlew
02-06-05, 03:00 PM
yer i baught a tool to get it off, but the little lugs that go into the steering wheel snapp, well iv snapped 2 any way.
so now iv got to grind the other ends till they fit.

but if i still carnt get it off. im going to ask my dad next time he comes up to southport to have a bash. he might be able to as he owns his own body shop.

Koop_sr
02-06-05, 04:34 PM
when i was fitting my head unit that fuse went i belive it is number 18

i had to do the same aswell rev and pet gauge went.

MOL
04-06-05, 03:42 PM
koop-sr, yer, it was my m8 bein silly, said he had checked all the fuses wen hadnt lol

srilew- yer got a few plans for it m8, not goin over the top with looks, but possibly a nice set of rims, and fix up the arches and the boot, then possibly drop in a 2ltr redtop or a cav sri 2ltr 8v, not sure yet, but prob somethin along those lines will happen :)

cheers
mol

p.s. do u know if ur bro has sent off the documents yet?