PDA

View Full Version : PV Show "Spec Sheet"

Aragorn
01-06-05, 01:49 PM
My Bro's busy typing up a spec sheet to display in his window for the mig stand and i was wondering if folk on here would like summat similar

i could throw together a template and anyone who wanted to could fill in their vehicles details and display it in the windscreen at the show so people could see what everything was?

aye or no?

im gonna do one up for mine anyway so if folks are interested i'll stick template up

Dpnova
01-06-05, 01:53 PM
ive been on a few sites that are doing this

Philsutton
01-06-05, 01:56 PM
yeah sounds like a good idea, i might have to do one

Aragorn
01-06-05, 02:18 PM
righty well ive done up one for me, i need a high res version of the Novaload Online Logo however

i'll stick that low-res one in and take a screenshot and folk can give their opinions

i recon it will look better if anyone who wants one uses the same template as it will give a more uniform and organised look to the stand as a whole?

hopefully the admins will be able to sort the logo and i'll stick up a word .doc or an RTF file with the image embedded and folk can edit as they need to...

Aragorn
01-06-05, 02:25 PM
http://kevingalloway.myby.co.uk/spec%20sheet.jpg

thats a screen grab of it and as u can see that iccle 120x40 logo doesnt like being resized too well

comments and alteration requests welcome?

Aragorn
01-06-05, 02:29 PM
1st alteration lol

the bit at the top with username etc, i want it tabbed out so the data fields are all inline rather than being offset from each other

Chris
01-06-05, 02:43 PM
Yep, not bad at all good idea :+:

Jack
01-06-05, 02:53 PM
Looks good to me. I like the uniformity idea too, all members using the same spec sheets :)

Jim
01-06-05, 03:40 PM
Mine might spill on to 2 sheets.

Aragorn, if you can wait till I get home, I have a high res version of the logo I can send you (If none of the Admins have been able to sort you out).

Jim

dan16v
01-06-05, 04:03 PM
good idea m8! :D

-Bruce-
01-06-05, 05:01 PM
Yeh good idea Kev.

Shame mine wont be there. So dont bother making one up for me.

You could make one up for john though lol!!

Bruce

boredbloke
01-06-05, 06:19 PM
Mine might spill on to 2 sheets.

Aragorn, if you can wait till I get home, I have a high res version of the logo I can send you (If none of the Admins have been able to sort you out).

Jim

why not make the font size smaller?

it managed to fit onto the side of the calender lol!

although it was this big

Riggy
01-06-05, 06:26 PM
not bad thinking there mate :lol:

i shall also be be displaying my model on the parcel shelf lol

Aragorn
01-06-05, 06:51 PM
cool, ive an msn's off sean i think offering high res logos but i wasnt online at the time and now he's offline

who ever can get a nice high res image to me then do it either via email to kgsc19983@blueyonder.co.uk or PM or whatever and i'll pick the best one and use that

i could prolly drop the font size or simply let folk run onto two pages

want to keep it largish so its readable easily (you dont want folk climbing over your bonnet trying to read your sign)

i'll make a RTF file that everyone can open in wordpad with all the titles in it etc, all u need to do is fill in the details, if it runs over then just copy paste the novaload logo onto the new page and put the overflowed points on the new page?

if anyones stuck for printing etc i can do it for them but i dont wanna be landed with 35 profiles to print lol (and i have no color ink so they'll be in black and white)

as soon as i get the pic i'll get the profile uploaded to my webspace and folk can download and edit away

and as long as everyone sticks to my layout and 14pt Tahoma then everything should be cool!

burgo
01-06-05, 06:51 PM
:( mine would only say 16v brakes and an irmscher back box, not exactly a spec list is it

Aragorn
01-06-05, 06:53 PM
well u'd still have the "future plans" section to fill in and it'd give folk some basic info on the car and what engine it is etc

plus helps members get to know each other as u know the guy that got out that car is Aragorn or whatever...

burgo
01-06-05, 07:41 PM
come on how many more brown mk1 sr novas are gonna be there with burgo as the number plates lol plus i dont have any future plans so ill give it a miss

Aragorn
01-06-05, 11:36 PM
ok guys

http://kevingalloway.myby.co.uk/Spec%20Sheet.rtf

download that and edit away, ive left my details in there just for an example

if anyone gets stuck or needs my help with anything just PM me (ie u cant manage to edit a text document or u dont have a printer :P)

Dave
01-06-05, 11:38 PM
how about link not working??

Aragorn
02-06-05, 12:06 AM
woops, fixed now

Will F
02-06-05, 09:24 AM
Good Idea.
I am always walking around, asking 'whose car is that?' etc

Well done.

Aragorn
02-06-05, 09:46 AM
just need to hope folk actually pick up on it and actually produce their sheet

im leaving at 10am on friday morning to head down so anyone wanting me to print theirs off needs to get it to me by tonight and i'll print any i have off on friday morning before i leave

Stoo
02-06-05, 10:37 AM
Mine spills on to three sheets??

If they spill over are u putting the novaload logo at the head of each page?

hendrix
02-06-05, 11:26 AM
:cry: wish i was going. i hate exams!

Dave
02-06-05, 12:11 PM
just done mine
the joys of finishing work at 11.30 and having to sit about all day

Jim
02-06-05, 12:41 PM
Mine spills on to three sheets??

If they spill over are u putting the novaload logo at the head of each page?

Use a smaller font so that it can fit onto 2 pages at the most. Any more and people won't be able to see into your car, lol.

Jim

Stuart
02-06-05, 12:55 PM
ill only read bits about engines anyway, the rest of it is of no intrest. and upon the first bits of engine saying "2.0 XE " ill walk off lol

more than one page and you will be lucky to keep peoples intrest lol

-Bruce-
02-06-05, 01:08 PM
and upon the first bits of engine saying "2.0 XE " ill walk off lol

LMAO

Me also!!

Bruce

Jim
02-06-05, 01:14 PM
Bruce, what day are you coming down? I trust your making a weekend of it since you'll be driving about 10,000 miles, lol. Are you coming in your car?

Jim

-Bruce-
02-06-05, 01:19 PM
I was going to be coming down on the friday and staying at seans. But will get up early on Saturday and start the long drive down. Took us 6 hours to get to MK last year so we should be ok. Will meet up with seans convoy on the way down.

And no I will not be in the GTE. Im having problems with the engine and it will need played with before I can seriously drive that distance.

I will be in my mates 2.0 16v seirra.

Cya then Jim.

Bruce

Jim
02-06-05, 01:20 PM
Cool, at least you can relax (by relax i mean get absolutley w***ered) on saturday night, lol.

Cya there mate.

Jim

-Bruce-
02-06-05, 01:26 PM
Yeh i think i may have afew beers lol and a nice barbq aswell (weather permiting)

I take it you will not be camping Jim?? As you dont stay very far from the pod!!

Bruce

Jim
02-06-05, 01:31 PM
I won't be camping. I'm only 30mins away, plus I'm going to be spending most of saturday cleaning the car, lol.

Jim

Dave
02-06-05, 01:54 PM
I'm going to be spending most of saturday cleaning the car, lol.

Jim

got the same plans as me then jim lol

Aragorn
02-06-05, 02:59 PM
im driving just as far as bruce lol hence leaving on friday night

i booked into the ibis wellinborough for friday saturday and sunday night so that gives saturday free to chill and a proper sleep before the drive home monday

convoying down with my brother and 2 other mig folks but they're all going on mig stand the gays

-Bruce-
02-06-05, 03:01 PM
You should be camping you big poof!! LOL

If you want a hand in doing stuff to the nova before we go i will be sorting Johns tomorrow!! Let me know.

Bruce

Dave
02-06-05, 04:55 PM
Out of interest who is going to be there with an 8v??

Jim
02-06-05, 05:12 PM
Out of interest who is going to be there with an 8v??

LOL, why do you ask?

Jim

nathan.
02-06-05, 06:55 PM
link don't work for me :?
Can anyone email the spec sheet to me. Thanks

nathan@nathanmurfin.wanadoo.co.uk

srs1
02-06-05, 07:07 PM
your a homo bruce

burgo
02-06-05, 07:48 PM
ive done mine just for you aragorn ive even had it laminated :P

nathan.
02-06-05, 07:52 PM
link don't work for me :?
Can anyone email the spec sheet to me. Thanks

nathan@nathanmurfin.wanadoo.co.uk

working now. poxy firefox! :wink:

-Bruce-
02-06-05, 08:45 PM
your a homo bruce

Thats why you love me so!!

Bruce

srs1
02-06-05, 08:48 PM
but you dont love me enough to come down on friday.
i took the day off work for you!

-Bruce-
02-06-05, 08:55 PM
Lol I will have to make that up to you!! :wink:

Bruce

srs1
02-06-05, 08:56 PM
you aint that lucky and i aint that desperate.

sorry

-Bruce-
02-06-05, 09:02 PM
Thats not what you were saying last time!! haha

P.S sorry kev for the post hi-jack

Bruce

Aragorn
02-06-05, 09:26 PM
http://kevingalloway.myby.co.uk/Spec%20Sheet.rtf

lol its fine mate

for folk who cant be arsed reading thru everything those planks have posted :p thats it there, download it and edit away

use 2 pages if u want and just copy the nlol logo over to the other page