PDA

View Full Version : Boom, Boom, BuZzZzZzZz...

AphiD
05-02-02, 11:28 AM
I just bought a 400watt amp to power my a-line 450watt 6x9's and my Kenwood sub but I cannot figure out why there is this constant buzzing noise in all the speakers when I switch on the engine:( its about as pleasant as battery acid in your eye. I have separated the power cables from the speaker cables and made the earth cable as short as possable but it is still there what do I do to get rid of it. do I need to power the amp with a separate Battery.

Somebody please throw me a freakin' bone here x-(

Ballsy
05-02-02, 12:29 PM
hey m8, i had the same prob with one ov ma amps, i figured out it was because i had bought a cheap junkie amp!!!!! so when i swapped it for a new v12 the noice dissapeard!! the other thing it could be is altenator whine!!! to fix this u can buy a thing called........ (cant mind the name at the mo!!) from any good ice shop and this suppresses the noice from the altonator

hope this helps m8

Ballsy

:) mmmmm same shit different Day :)

[-ballsy.jpg-]

Stuart
05-02-02, 06:06 PM
the gain on the amp could be turned too high.
or the RCA leads may be utter shitte (get decent ones and dont run em next to the power leads)
also check the alternator rectifier, that could be inducing noise in the system.

Im a Corporate tart :D

Dicko
05-02-02, 10:09 PM
when u switch engine on? hhmm, amp shouldnt b on then?
have u connected it up to the remote switch off ur stereo? So it only on when the stereo is switched on

v1nce
06-02-02, 09:57 AM
running power next 2 signal cables ???

AphiD
06-02-02, 11:04 AM
I think it could be the alternator thingy ive tried everything else, that thing Ballsy was talking about could be what I need cos the it does sound more like a "whine" than a "Buzz". Cheers mate ;)....Dose anyone know what this thing is called? and how much it costs?:-/

Stuart
06-02-02, 08:07 PM
a supressor, and they cost about ?5

BUT you should cure the source of the noise, rather than mask it up with the supreesor :)

Im a Corporate tart :D

EarlofBarnet
27-02-02, 10:49 AM
Capacitor on the back on the alternator may be knackered!

Matt