PDA

View Full Version : 6x9 parcel shelf

stvr
12-01-02, 11:03 PM
after buying my 6x9's (Rockford Fosgate 6x9 Inch 3-way High Performance Speaker With Titanium Plated Cones :D:D:D:D:D), i've decided i cant just reinforce my old parcel shelf and put them on that like i originally planned because they're so damn heavy and i'm sure it'll sag :(

any tips on parcel shelf making? the hinging is a little wierd from what i've seen and ideas on that would be handy, as well as general hintage overall this is on a k reg merit plus (in case the hinging changes across models)

also considering making a stealth shelf, but dont know how to go about it, help/info there would be handy too :)

thanks mateys

Stv

Stuart
13-01-02, 03:50 AM
10mm bar (ally or steel makes for a good hinge and rear support.

appart form that 15mm MDF and a mask. cut to rough shape and fettle till it fits. JOB DONE! make it look as original as poss, with rails and all so theiving bastards dont have a go!

"I'm a junky with a monkey"

v1nce
15-01-02, 04:28 PM
the man 2 spk 2 about stealth shelfs is d0gz_bollox, mail (d0gz_bollox@yahoo.com) or faq him and as about hes 1 he build a few weeks back.

spanishfly
19-01-02, 09:34 AM
i used them wood dowels i drilled fat hole and used them! it must support it well i have 4 6 x9's on me rear shelf!

Won't be loud enough till i have all 3! :P

Stuart
19-01-02, 03:05 PM
9mm ally bar is better

"I'm a junky with a monkey"

fleming
20-02-02, 11:46 PM
by a feckin stealth shelf and be done wiv it! end of day, theres no point spendin all that cash on speakers then puttin them in shite shelf!!!

dunfy
26-02-02, 04:07 PM
I used locks off doors instead of a piece of bar.