PDA

View Full Version : -50mm front springs

novaexplod
31-05-05, 12:54 PM
i want to go -50mm at the front and -40mm on the back on my nova but how would i go about this as i was only looking at a cheap gmax kit. would it be alrite, and possible to buy the -40mm kit and buy a seperate set of - 50mm front springs and stick them on the new -40mm front dampers??

is there a better way of gettin round this or will that do?
this may be a stupid question but im unsure what i should do?
any help appreciated
cheers

peester
31-05-05, 08:04 PM
bit confusing ur post... im sure theres that many suspension kits available to the nova ur bound to find one thats 50 front, 40 rear.. try www.performancedriven.co.uk (or type that into google) and look for FK suspension kits. Just sounds a dearer, long winded way on buying a kit bit and pieces here there separate..
if it were me ide just drop the fecker 60mm all round, whats the matter with u..lol.

novaexplod
31-05-05, 10:48 PM
i get worried easily mate :lol: thats y i havent touched my 1.2 monkey on a treadmill engine :lol:

Aragorn
31-05-05, 10:58 PM
why do u want to arse around with 50 here and 40 there?

its just gonna look stupid

-60 all round on a nova doesnt sit flat, the arse is up in the air, so hows it gonna look with 50 on front and 40 on the back

roll the arches properly if thats the problem and get a proper -60 kit on there

novaexplod
01-06-05, 06:15 PM
my arches cant be rolled cos the car has just been sprayed and both arches have been replaced and skimmed with filler and there is filler around the lip to support it??

Aragorn
01-06-05, 07:00 PM
if its a flat colour a bodyshop should be able to sort it and blend the paint easily enough

point is if its gonna catch then even 40mm will catch when cornering etc as the suspension moves up and down

so u may as well just buy the 60mm kit and fix the arches if it scrapes

as long as your alloys are a sensible offset and have the correct size tyres on them you'll be fine

Nova_Tek
03-06-05, 12:14 AM
Go for the Eibach Sportline kit. -45 - 50mm drop

Im gonna be on them soon :wink:

Jack
03-06-05, 11:46 AM
-60 all round on a nova doesnt sit flat, the a*** is up in the air, so hows it gonna look with 50 on front and 40 on the back
My hatch had 60 front and 50 rear and sat pretty level. With the matched 60 springs on the back it sat nose high.

novaexplod
03-06-05, 05:26 PM
the colour of my car is m3 estoril blue and my wheel offset is 45 15" tyre profile is 45, i was told all novas are different in the way they sit, some more than others?