PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions?

krobinson
30-05-05, 08:16 PM
Well, as most of you will know, i bought this little beaut back at the end of last year. But since then is either lay in my Driveway or Garage (when blue nova aint there)

I really dont know what to do with it. Its as clean as they come, and with just over 4k on the clock, it drives like it left the factory. Should it remain standard and unmolested? At the end of the day its never going to be worth much as its only a 1.2L. Or could be be the best possible shell for a mint showroom project? GTE kit maybe?

Help!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v37/keithrobinson/oldskoool.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v37/keithrobinson/oldskoool2.jpg

Keith

General Baxter
30-05-05, 08:17 PM
touch it and ill break your legs, comes to mind :wink:

benji
30-05-05, 08:18 PM
stick a 2.0 16v in it and leave it like that.

dan16v
30-05-05, 08:18 PM
leave it well alone m8! :D

Nick
30-05-05, 08:21 PM
i think you should check your bank account for my payment and then ship it to me :-D

no on a serious note, leave it well alone for another 15 years..

srs1
30-05-05, 08:31 PM
they are too rare and few and far between a shell like that.

keep it original

scott.parker
30-05-05, 08:47 PM
At the most mate i would put GTE/GSi three spokes on then stick it in a "carcoon" buble stroage unit. :wink:

Scott

peester
30-05-05, 08:58 PM
just drop it like its hot..
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/peester/oldskoooldropped.jpg
nothin that cant be removed/back to original anyway...

Ben
30-05-05, 09:03 PM
Rally prep it:!:

nathan.
30-05-05, 09:07 PM
lock it away somewhere. be worth a fortune in years to come

krobinson
30-05-05, 09:08 PM
That looks mint peester.

To be honest i've got a notion to buy a Sport and shell it over to it. As that would:

A: be mint
B: be worth alot more
C: be more attractive as a showcar

Its one of those situations tho, its just such a good car i really havent a clue what to do with it.

Keith

scott.parker
30-05-05, 09:27 PM
Keith thats not a bad idea mate,but as always its your car you decide :wink:

Scott

Adam Moran
30-05-05, 09:29 PM
You should ask your local Vaux dealer if they have space for it ;) Seen a few old and mint cars in the garages.

other than that find some where to dry store it

Mike.
30-05-05, 09:32 PM
new engine, slam it on coilovers with the steel wheels

shy witness
30-05-05, 09:42 PM
outstanding motor again-- go 4 a pimp my ride special :lol: :lol: :lol:

definatly dooooooooooo not

theres very few around in that sorta condition now--- especially over here

id bubble wrap it and store it away :lol: -- even though its only a 1.2 L -- if its left in that time warp condition 4 years 2 come its always gonna be worth something as a collectors item

i know this is probably a boring suggestion 4 you m8---but sure uve already got 1 of the nicest novas arround- so ud hardly need 2 worry about doin anything with that wee beauty..... imo

Riggy
30-05-05, 10:09 PM
lol as said already been said keith really would just leave it alone and totally std (you just seen that cortina go for over 8 grand lol)

if your thinking of doin another do yout white one lol as thats quite good aswell aint it :lol:

benji
31-05-05, 12:33 AM
i don't think it would be worth much, mabey if it was a sr. saying that though there is a cortina in our local tc harrisons that has never been registered its a 2.0l GL and they want ?9000. if you can keep it somwhere for the next 10 years then do it, but if it will cost you anything to store it then try and get rid now, it won't e worth the storage costs. shame really as you will never find another like it. the sport idea is good and i could put you onto someone who has a ID for a sport but no car if you wanted to do that.

ben.

nam
31-05-05, 12:06 PM
i would have to go with the sport idea mate, but its too good to leave but to good to change if you get me :? :lol:

Nam

Matt2107
31-05-05, 12:39 PM
Go with the sport idea Keith

S_Gault
31-05-05, 02:01 PM
sell it and buy Kens sprint car and come and compete... you know you want to!...

Alex Mac
03-06-05, 01:46 PM
Clean down, wax oil, fill with oil, carcoon, future classic

Job done

Ian
03-06-05, 03:35 PM
its still only a 1.2 so cant see it being worth that much, only for the shell in years to come.

Ben
03-06-05, 03:42 PM
Its only worth what someone is prepared to pay for it an only the shell is worth anything and only rally car builders would cough up goo enough money and they dont really care as its going to be thrashed.

If your offered decent money for it, sell it.

Stuart
03-06-05, 03:45 PM
get a cheap cage, stitch weld the whole car and plate the bay, then sell for about ?1K lol

other than that its really worthless for the forseable future (even with an xe in there lol)

Rexy
03-06-05, 05:09 PM
That looks mint peester.

To be honest i've got a notion to buy a Sport and shell it over to it. As that would:

A: be mint
B: be worth alot more
C: be more attractive as a showcar

Its one of those situations tho, its just such a good car i really havent a clue what to do with it.

Keith

I'd go for that fella. . .

Ste_Nova
03-06-05, 05:09 PM
strip it, have it chromed, then rebuild it, it will get more attention than your blue one