PDA

View Full Version : Bucket Seat subframes

Jos
30-05-05, 09:47 AM
Hey all,

I'm about to purchase some bucket seats with subframes, the only catch (apart from how far away they are) is the subframes are for a fiesta (BAH! :twisted: ) and I'm wondering if these will fit a Nova?

If not, I've heard of some welding option? Weld the mechinasm from my old basic seats to the underside of the buckets? How hard would this be to do, although I'm not too good with a torch myself, my father would be helping, but I don't want to use up all his time :lol:

General Baxter
30-05-05, 10:19 AM
or you could buy nova subframes?

ANDYRACER
30-05-05, 02:15 PM
Well what me and my bro did was use standard sr subframes and drilled 4 holes in to the subframes at either corner and used 4 big bolts and bolted the seats to the subframes and worked perfectly.

Jos
30-05-05, 02:39 PM
or you could buy nova subframes?

trouble is they cost about ?100.

I guess I will have to have a look at it all once I pick them up, cheers anyway

dan23
30-05-05, 04:36 PM
remove nova sub frames turn bucket seat upside put sub frame on top work out were it needs 2 go weld 2 lentghs of 10mm flt bar 2 sub frame driill hole thruogh bar bolt it 2 seat job done saved about 80 quid .did 2 my old rage bucket seats

Dod
30-05-05, 07:48 PM
Well what me and my bro did was use standard sr subframes and drilled 4 holes in to the subframes at either corner and used 4 big bolts and bolted the seats to the subframes and worked perfectly.

I did this too, fuck, but what a bitch to drill though!! Its the best way though mate.

Jos
31-05-05, 12:40 PM
ok, thanks all, I guess I will be drilling then, cheapest method :D

Jos
17-06-05, 02:54 PM
does anybody have any tips on HOW to remove the subframes :? they seem almost part of the chair itself.

The pivoting bar may be removable, but would make the bucket pretty high up. And the two "sliders" are't going to fit on too well...

any suggestions from people who have done this before?

Thanks!

Dod
17-06-05, 09:59 PM
The pivoting bar may be removable

What kind of Seats have you in it at the mo?

Aragorn
17-06-05, 11:35 PM
u cant use poverty spec seats

you need the subframes from some SR seats

maxpaine
18-06-05, 03:19 AM
i have OMP buckets on my GT=SR and i mified mine to insert the bucket.
to bar of metal cut some metal some welding and tenhen olt and it ther it goes.

Dod
18-06-05, 12:30 PM
u cant use poverty spec seats

you need the subframes from some SR seats

So true mate, get down to the scrappy and pay about a tenner for the pair, you'll see what way to stick them on then.

ANDYRACER
20-06-05, 02:04 PM
You need subframes from an sr or gsi the low spec subframes sit high up and have a shit seat moving mechanism.

Jos
23-06-05, 08:26 PM
:lol: whoops, I'm sure somebody told me that :roll:

Cheers anyway lads!