PDA

View Full Version : Subs or 6*9s or 7*10s

big_steve_x
16-02-02, 12:50 AM
OK here's the trouble, i don't have leccy windows so i can't have decent sized door pods, anyway, i'm gonna replace the standard speakers in the dash to the biggest that will fit, can someone tell me what they are, and which are the BEST for the dash.

Next, should i get subs/6*9s/7*10s on the back shelf, they will be run off an amp, or should i get both 6*9s and 2 10" subs (which was my original idea) but i have no idea on what to do so that the subs and 6*9s don't cancel each other out. so i need help there!

Finally, if i just want to run a head unit, sum small dash speakers/6*9s and 2 subs (not too powerful about 150w rms each for the subs) will i need to get a better battery??

Oh and lastly, is there any place that sells door pods that'll fit my car, so i can have sum 13cm things in the front doors, for sum extra sound.

Stuart
16-02-02, 03:45 AM
right, your original idea of 6x9's and 2 10" is spot on. i recomend infinity/sony/alpine 6x9's and a pair of proper power (ie 300Wrms min) alpine or kenwood subs.

dont mount the subs on the sehlf, make a nice boot build and get it all setup right and nothing will get cancelled out.

there is very little point in replacing the dash speakers, just disconnect em

Im a Corporate tart :D

spanishfly
16-02-02, 09:19 AM
i reccomend pioneer 10cm speakers for the front get ones with seperate tweeter! i reckon u got to get some sort of speakers in the front cause other wise everything will be comeing from the back!! even if u get just tweeters, it makes the difference!!!!! subs can be placed in the boot as there not 'directional speakers' tweeters have to be placed facing the listeners :-) have fun

Won't be loud enough till i have all 3! :P

big_steve_x
16-02-02, 02:40 PM
Cambridge how much are Infinity paying you to advertise them??
anyway does a sony CDX-750 (i think thats right) head unit sound ok.
some 300 watt infinity 6*9s on the rear shelf, sum sony 10cm in the dash, and 2 sony 10" subs with a sony 760watt amp to power them

i don't want it to be too loud, so i'm going with the sony subs!

Stuart
16-02-02, 03:25 PM
i cant help it if i like infinity :p lol

your headunit will drive 300W 6x9"s and 7x10"s very happily

the dash speakers are a bastid to replace. i assume fly is on about putting th e 10cm (8") into the doors and tehn the tweeters on the dash, cut into the grilles.

brian.bb
16-02-02, 03:59 PM
i think www.quadconversions.co.uk sell the door pods

spanishfly
17-02-02, 01:04 PM
i mean 10 mm as in 4"

why go slow if u can go fast! :-)

Stuart
17-02-02, 04:48 PM
1" is about 25mm so how is 10mm = 4" ??? lol

big_steve_x
18-02-02, 12:07 AM
he means 100mm i think or 10cm

and yeh, they are a bitch to hange, coz i've just spent 1 hr trying to figure out how to pull out the passenger one, LOL

Stuart
18-02-02, 12:43 AM
remove the vents and ducting. get your arm in there and unsrec the whole speaker

Ballsy
18-02-02, 09:53 AM
if your really wanting good sq dont put in 6*9's as these tend to move the wholesound stage to the back ov the car and we dont want that now do we( they also dont give u shite hot sound if they are mounted in the shelf)!!! but if ur still wantin 6*9's u can however make up mounts to sit where the rear 3 quater panel trim sits, they sound really good from there, hope this helps

Ballsy

PS i must agree wi cambridge bout the fact infinity are Goooooood

:) mmmmm same shit different Day :)

[-ballsy.jpg-]