PDA

View Full Version : Nova - Exterior Trim Removal

Torroni
28-05-05, 06:27 PM
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to get some idea about the cost of removing the exterior plastic door trims and associated filling / respraying on an SR Nova?? Similarly for the plastic boot spoiler??

I assume there will be holes left in the door/boot panels where the clips are located for trim attachment??

Thanks for your help!!

Luke.

Aragorn
29-05-05, 12:16 AM
unlike shite french cars the trim is just stuck on with double sided sticky foam so theres no gay holes underneath

peel it off and then use some glue remover to remove the remaining gunk and then tcut to polish it up

boot spoiler is held on with bolts at the top of the tailgate and more double sided foam

Nick
29-05-05, 12:40 AM
get hold of some 3G sticker remover, or something similar

it wont damage the paintwork and means that the gunk left by the foam can be easily removed.

some of the very old mk1's has rivveted trim, seen an A reg one in the scrappy like this

Torroni
29-05-05, 11:24 AM
Thanks for the info...

I have seen an F-Reg SR Nova that i'm interested in so i'll have to double check how the trim is attached.

My current D-Reg 1.0 Nova has riveted trim.

Dod
29-05-05, 12:37 PM
The tirm on the Rear Windowa is held in place with the window rubbers and the front pieces are slotted into place in my Nova... but it is Irish, and so a Corsa A. Dont know if this makes a difference though.

Riggy
29-05-05, 04:58 PM
trim on the f regs are just glued on as i removed mine :lol: