PDA

View Full Version : Volume

big_steve_x
06-02-02, 12:41 PM
if i add an amp to my setup how do i adjust the volume of the subs and 6 * 9s that the amps wud be powering??, becoz the don't the RCA outs just provide a constant volume, this is a question i've always wondered, or do i have to climb into the back and adjust the volume on the amp??? or do i set a volume and keep that permanently??

wisewood
06-02-02, 01:20 PM
surely the amp would be run from the head unit which would tell it how loud to run them...
thats what i always thought it did anyway??

the name is misleading - because i am not called wisewood.

big_steve_x
06-02-02, 02:31 PM
thats just it, i don't know how they work, it will be run from the head unit yeh, but does the head unit control the volume of the subs and 6 * 9s that i would power off the amp, all i wanna know is, when i turn the volume up or down on my head unit, does this also turn the volume up or down on my 6 * 9s and subs

AphiD
06-02-02, 04:14 PM
What i did was turn the volume up on the head unit as high as I could, (making sure the levels on the amp were all the way down)then i began to adjust the levels on the amp till i got it right. I dont know if this is how the pros do it, but it worked for me;D
Down side of doing it this way is you have to be mindful of the neighbours

Stuart
06-02-02, 09:09 PM
there is a gain control on the amp and the RCA levels are controlled by the headunit.

you set the gain of the amp to suit the speakers and volume level from the headunit

Im a Corporate tart :D

Fraz
07-02-02, 11:31 AM
What I do is find the bassiest track I'm gonna play ever. Then turn the headunit volumne up to three quarters( pretty loud) Then turn the gain up on the amp till just before the sub( or 6by9's) start to fart( too much power) Then I turn the gain down very slightly which menas I can play the bassiest tune in my collection with no worry of farting subs..

For Sale- 15" TSW Stealths Good tyres offers??
35mm offset.

Taxed,tested and insured.Go chase criminals

adam5
07-02-02, 12:17 PM
yeah mate, just turn your gain down on your amp and turn your stereo up full until the speakers start to sound distorted then turn it down a bit till the sound is clear again. then just turn your gain up until the speakers distort again.