PDA

View Full Version : HELP ME

mmoorryy2002
27-05-05, 06:03 PM
i have got a 2lt 16v in my nova and it does strange things,

u start up and works fine, after about 10 minutes it doesnt like to drive slowly, so under 3000rpm, its very kangaroo style driving with a loss in power until u put ur foot down and she then runs fine

but it doesnt do it all the time,

any ideas to wat it mite be, please help me

mmoorryy2002
27-05-05, 10:42 PM
i have got a 2lt 16v in my nova and it does strange things,

u start up and works fine, after about 10 minutes it doesnt like to drive slowly, so under 3000rpm, its very kangaroo style driving with a loss in power until u put ur foot down and she then runs fine

but it doesnt do it all the time,

any ideas to wat it mite be, please help me

i have heard it could be the breather pipe, does any no anything about this, please help

bump
28-05-05, 11:48 AM
breather pipes sound like a reasonable starting point. my mum complained of simlar problems with her old micra, she took it into the garage and that's all they changed, apparently they had carbon deposits in them, ran fine after that through the lack of power range :wink:

david dixon
28-05-05, 12:41 PM
check air flow meter.

mmoorryy2002
28-05-05, 12:43 PM
done all those, i got myself a oil catcher to run of the oil breather, hopefully that sud help,

any more suggestions

david dixon
28-05-05, 12:46 PM
what gearbox have you got? some people have complaned about long f16 making there car jump around at low revs! i would also maybe get your fueling checked, it could be over fueling.

mmoorryy2002
29-05-05, 12:12 AM
f20 box, and i have thought about fueling, i thought it would be underfueling as the pumps from the 1.4 that used to be in it.

and like i said it dont anyways do it, and when flat out its fine

mmoorryy2002
04-06-05, 11:21 PM
help me, i replaced th eplugs leads, dizzy cap etc today, again it did it, had a compressiontest last week to see if head gasket was ok. (it was fine)

so i still have no idea that when it is hot and u give it some, then it runs like crap. help me...............