PDA

View Full Version : digi dash road speed sender

cruisingscotland
27-05-05, 12:55 PM
Hey Folks I just recently bought an astra digidash,ive been on nova land and downloaded the tutorial on how to fit it,im looking at the equipment i need for it and i havnt got the astra gte road sender so is there anyway around this so it will pick up the speed because i cant find any old gtes kicking about for me to get the sender and im stuck now lol any help apretiated

Rich

dan-hipgrave
27-05-05, 04:56 PM
the senders from 1.2spi and 1.4spi novas work apparently, but only on the 8v (tick style) dashes.

Aragorn
27-05-05, 05:56 PM
yer most 8v dashes will operate correctly on the 1.2i senders as they use 6 pulse senders

on some 16v ones the red switch allows you to switch between the 6 and 16 pulse senders, on other 16v dashes the switch just changes road wheel calibration so its a bit hit n miss

cruisingscotland
27-05-05, 07:26 PM
its a 1.2i the digi dash is going into,the digi dash is an 8v so i should be ok fitting it then using the standard sender,on the novaland tutorial it says if you run it through the standard sender it will come up on the dash half the speed your going at? so is anyone actuall fitted the dash with the standard sender?

Aragorn
27-05-05, 07:37 PM
yes, me and it works fine

just piggy back onto the blue-red and dont touch the black or down wires

cruisingscotland
27-05-05, 11:01 PM
right thanx for this ill attempt fitting it tomorow and see what happens can i give u a shout on msn if anythign goes wrong lol