PDA

View Full Version : Air vents

Dod
26-05-05, 08:08 PM
See the air vents in the scuttle panel, on either side of the Wipers, what do they actually do, apart from letting water leak into my bit worse for ware Battrey tray? They look bad and i wanna fill over them for my mono wipe jobbie.

J4MES
27-05-05, 01:28 AM
are they not there to let air out that has come in the engine bay when the car is in motion...so in effect relieving "pressure?????"

is there a smooth scuttle panel available for the Nova????

Philsutton
27-05-05, 10:34 AM
no they dont let air into the engine bay as you have the top half of the bulk head in the way, although i have cut mine out.

Jack
27-05-05, 01:47 PM
They're for the interior blower fans to suck fresh air in through. Else they'd be sucking hot smelly air in from the engine bay...

SRlew
27-05-05, 02:31 PM
See the air vents in the scuttle panel, on either side of the Wipers, what do they actually do, apart from letting water leak into my bit worse for ware Battrey tray? They look bad and i wanna fill over them for my mono wipe jobbie.

WTF!!
i actually wounderd that the other day aswell. cause i dont like the look of it. i didnt know why they where there till razorjack said, so obvious really :lol:

Jack
27-05-05, 02:51 PM
I quite like the look of them myself, breaks up the wiper panel a bit IMO

All down to personal taste tho :wink:

ade
27-05-05, 07:48 PM
if you fill them make sure you support the underside properly otherwise the filler will sink and drop out.

Know several people who smoothed them over - doesnt really look right. They rerouted the air intake by cutting circles in the bulkhead and feeding flexible hoses to the front of the car like a ram air kit.

Cant see the point meself

Ade

SRlew
27-05-05, 11:36 PM
yer i see were your cuming from actually razorjack. does break it up abit.

now iv bin thinking about it i dont realy think its worth the hassle.

Dod
29-05-05, 12:23 PM
Na, its gonna look silly with the Mono wipe fitted, a few vents, a big filled and smooth bit, more vents, a wiper and more vents. Gonna do what Ade suggested, pipe it from the grill or something.

Mike.
29-05-05, 12:32 PM
keep the vents its less hassle

Dod
29-05-05, 12:43 PM
Yeah. I know i should but i probably wont though!!

novaexplod
30-05-05, 01:55 PM
do they not sell a smooth panel for the corsa vents? im sure ccm sell them for the corsa, maybe sum1 has made one for the nova?

J4MES
30-05-05, 04:13 PM
they make them for the astra mk2 as well....but dont think anybody makes them for the nova..

novaco
04-06-05, 08:56 PM
i have smoothed mine and it looks quite good!!

did take some work tho mate just to let you no lots of filler!!

i wil try and get some pics up for you to have a look before you decide!!

p.s i havnt tried my interior blowers yet lol does this mean im in for a surprise?

Mike.
05-06-05, 12:47 AM
i would use fibre glass much stronger than filler, just plug the holes and smooth over, you can get fibre glass in a tub or you can get it in sheets

Dod
05-06-05, 11:10 AM
Was gonna cut them all out and weld them over, if you could get a couple of pics it'd be great mate. Cheers lads.