PDA

View Full Version : engine re-build

chapers
25-05-05, 10:28 PM
yes was a sucess!

i didnt tell you guys that i blew my engine up on thursday last week but i rebuilt the engine and my baby is back on the road, my dad told me to scrap it but i refused! im chuffed so i thought id share it with u guys!

thanks aragorn for the lil bit of advice you gave me.

chaps

ANDYRACER
25-05-05, 10:40 PM
What engine is it that uve rebuilt?

chapers
25-05-05, 10:42 PM
its only my crappy 1.2 but its my first car and im not mechanically minded at all so im chuffed :D :lol:

ANDYRACER
25-05-05, 10:48 PM
You bothered to rebuild a 1.2. U can pick them up for a tenner. Im sure someone off here would have gave you one.

chapers
25-05-05, 10:53 PM
ok cheers for ruinin my moment!

i thought it was a good thing to do and give a look into engines etc... + it was prob more fun this way, i wont bother next time...

Chris
25-05-05, 10:55 PM
shut up andy

Well done mate, look at it in the way that you learnt something and with the confidence that you have from doing it, you might tackle more jobs on the car which WILL save you money

Chris

shy witness
25-05-05, 10:58 PM
yip m8 well done-- at least it gives u a bit of experience on the rebuild front

maybe ull be building a monster engine someday and ull be glad u tested out your rebuild skills on a cheap and chearfull engine

:+:

Mike.
25-05-05, 10:59 PM
its good that you've done that mate you are learning and its good, i'm not mechanically minded so i'll probably start stripping and rebuilding my engine soon

and andy my engines a 1,.2 aswell

ANDYRACER
25-05-05, 11:01 PM
Sorry abit pissed off about the footy. Na what i mean it is more cost effective to get another engine. Sorry i came over a bit strong. Yeh great bit of experience. Get yourself a 1.4/6 and have a go rebuilding that so when you can afford to insure a engine you can drop it in.

chapers
25-05-05, 11:03 PM
if i dropped another bigger engine in what would that do 2 my insurance compared 2 insuring a standard 1.4/6 would there be a massive difference?

Snowface
28-05-05, 08:40 PM
what 'blew' on the engine? Head gasket? What did you have to do to it?

well done though, not as hard as you think.

Stuart
28-05-05, 08:45 PM
thanks aragorn for the lil bit of advice you gave me.

was that "stop when the torqu wrench clicks" ? lol

good on ya.
Andy the engine im building is a 1.2 aswell, so shut the fcuk up!

scott.parker
28-05-05, 09:40 PM
You bothered to rebuild a 1.2. U can pick them up for a tenner. Im sure someone off here would have gave you one.

Andy the engine im building is a 1.2 aswell, so shut the fcuk up!

Even fuking monkeys laern :lol: :lol:

Nick
28-05-05, 09:58 PM
shut up andy

LMAO - qoute of the year !

ANDYRACER
29-05-05, 12:09 AM
Hang on Stu i remember when i first came on this site im sure you had the quote "why do people tune the 1.2 it couldnt pull the skin off a rice pudding"
Was it you who had that quote?

Nick
29-05-05, 12:34 AM
LOL

that was a qoute by someone else, stu obv had it as his signature because he thought it was funny lol

scott.parker
29-05-05, 12:42 AM
Hang on Stu i remember when i first came on this site im sure you had the quote "why do people tune the 1.2 it couldnt pull the skin off a rice pudding"
Was it you who had that quote?

It's called taking the piss out others stupid little mind's and big mouths! :lol: