PDA

View Full Version : Works Rally Nova colour scheme.

BigRuss
25-05-05, 10:25 PM
Guys,

I'm going to be having the car re-sprayed at the end of this season, I'm toying with the idea of then having it stickered up as a works Rally nova replica.

Basically I'm after as many pictures/posters or photos of as many works Gsi's as possible for my sticker guy to have a look at.

Anyone have anything I can borrow (Will be returned honestly!!) or know of any books/posters or anything with all round shots of one??

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Russell

Adam Moran
25-05-05, 11:02 PM
Nice one Russ! I wanted to have my car like that but just cant bring myself to do it yet lol

I'll have a look for some picys for you ;)

BigRuss
25-05-05, 11:19 PM
In My mind I know what the colour scheme was but can't find any magazine features or photos of any works cars to show My sticker man.

I can't even find any on the web!!!

Any help is appreciated!!

dhdev (Oli)
26-05-05, 07:55 AM
the nova competition build manual has loads of picks in it, one of my mates has his stickered up to replicate the works colour scheme, i'll ask where he got his done.

nova---chris
26-05-05, 12:48 PM
ill be looking for some proper graphics soon for my car.
Being all white its just begging to be sorted porperly! Hmmmmm
Have no idea what to do mind!

Aragorn
26-05-05, 08:07 PM
http://kevingalloway.myby.co.uk/P1010093.JPG

thats a photo of a poster on my wall but it gives u an idea

Dod
26-05-05, 08:13 PM
Good man mate. I promised myself that if i ever get a White Nova that i'll do it up in the Nova Sport Colours and stick a set of Revolution % spokes or Super lights on it, no bigger than 13's either!! Love the idea. What Colour's you car Russ?

kevster
26-05-05, 08:17 PM
i would love to have a nova looking like that i love the coment on the bottom of the poster :D

Mike.
26-05-05, 08:46 PM
i know what you mean, the dealer rally novas used to have thick red, yellow and blue stripes across the bonnet and down the wings

i was going to do that with my nova as they look really good , can't find any pics though, there was a rally rep nova in TV a few months ago

Aragorn
26-05-05, 09:17 PM
my link has a pic, crude but its still better than nothing

benji
26-05-05, 10:14 PM
russ are you taking about the original dealer sport ones or the later works style? similar to cp's?

benji
26-05-05, 10:16 PM
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/bencurry/rallynova.jpg

Ste L
26-05-05, 11:50 PM
that was featured in total vauxhall wasn't it :?:

starkmotorsport
27-05-05, 01:18 PM
If your going to do it, make sure its an exact replica with the vinyl the correct size etc. So many replicas are done cheap, rushed or not paid enough attention to - including the TV feature car, and they look a million miles away from the real thing.

Barn
28-05-05, 02:05 PM
If your going to do it, make sure its an exact replica with the vinyl the correct size etc. So many replicas are done cheap, rushed or not paid enough attention to - including the TV feature car, and they look a million miles away from the real thing.
knowing Russel if theres one person that would have it done properly it would be him

Have a look at his Nova :wink:

NovaGuy1400SRi
28-05-05, 03:56 PM

i have the same poster as you to the left of the nova sport one, and have the one with the red 2.0 16v astra mk1 to the left of them :lol:

_matt_
28-05-05, 05:20 PM
i was thinking of doing this with my nova when i get it i think it looks good but i reckon it needs a big graphic on the side or something

benji
28-05-05, 06:09 PM

i have the same poster as you to the left of the nova sport one, and have the one with the red 2.0 16v astra mk1 to the left of them :lol:

that poster was in total vauxhall as a 1 page photo, i emailed tham and asked for a high res version of the pic so i could make a poster. they said they wern't allowed to give the pic's out but they would do a poster in the mag. 2 months later it was in. i have mine up in the garage

Dod
29-05-05, 12:14 PM
I remember getting a book from the library on Vauxhall/Opel cars, all the sport and performance, Proto Types and variations of all including the Irmisher Cars, it was Published in 88 or something and had some serious old school appeal. Can for the life of me remember what its called though! :x