PDA

View Full Version : pioneer 8"

pickle2000
07-01-02, 05:08 PM
I am thinking about putting some speakers in the back, and have come across some pioneer 8" 3-way speakers. Has anyone got these, or what do you lot think - better/worse that putting in 6x9's?

adam5
08-01-02, 12:09 PM
I have them mate. The newish 240w ones that look really sexy. They are quite good. I push 250w (max) through each speaker on a High pass filter (so I can turn them really loud without worrying about the bass ruining them). The tone stays clear when I turn the volume all the way up (loud!!)the tone only distorts slightly when I have my head unit near max which is morelikely the head unit distorting rather then the speakers. I have used them with full range (not just high pass fitler) and the bass is good. I'd put them against the 6x9's that ive tried in that price range (kenwoods, sonys). Only git is that they dont quite fit in the standard nova parcel shelf and you need to cut a bit of the shelf edging away.
put your 8" in the shelf and stick the 6x9's in the door cards!!!
HTH

pickle2000
08-01-02, 02:43 PM
Cheers for the feedback d0gz. I thought that they look pretty sexy too, and it sounds as though their sound reproduction is just as good. I am going to get a stealth shelf as well, so there shouldn't be any probs fitting them.

Cheers for the help.

Stuart
08-01-02, 03:06 PM
make your accoustic shelf, it will only cost ?30 tops where as buying one will cost atleast ?90 and wont look original.

"I'm a junky with a monkey"