PDA

View Full Version : Nurburgring Trip number 2 F*** YEAH!

karl Rowntree
24-05-05, 07:25 PM
Right i dont mean to bore all you guys with talk of the ring, but after the success of the first trip i am planning on getting back out there asap. This time it will be in the nova :D

Ive allready spoke to Oli and he is planning on maybe the end of July. I am going to look at dates that would be best to go over, and more important dates i can afford!

I had previously thought of going over in september as the track is open all weekend as of the 16th, but i would rather go over with a group if funds allow me as thats what the place is all about.

So who would be up for a trip to the ring? It really is as good as it gets and is worth missing out on a few things to get over there.

I will sort out accomadation and the cheapest way of getting over there. Put your name down if you are intrested in either July or September.

Karl

benji
24-05-05, 07:27 PM
maybe, need firm date and prices first though

martweaver
24-05-05, 07:28 PM
Will try mate :D

NovaBen
24-05-05, 07:28 PM
Me me me me me!!!!

As far as i'm aware, Colin or Oli are letting me know when they are going back, probably end of July, but I am DEFINITELY going back again, hopefully with no leaks or mis-fires this time!! :lol:

Ben

karl Rowntree
24-05-05, 07:31 PM
Benji, if you budget for approx ?500 thats the max you will spend if you take the nova. Like Neil said he managed to do it on ?250 but hes car runs on gas lol.

That will include all travelling costs, hotel, food ring tickets etc.

It really does depend on how mad you go when you are there and how fast you drive on the way over/way back, thats what made my trip cost so much.

NovaBen
24-05-05, 07:34 PM
Between 2 of us, we spent ?550 over the 5 days, all in! That was fuel (running twin40s!!) accommodation, 12 laps on the ring, food etc etc etc.

Ben

krobinson
24-05-05, 08:00 PM
Karl, I'd prefer if it was end of august/september. But if it is going to be July, then i will try my best to save the cash. I have to fork out for my engine, and sort front suspension first.

Keith

Adam Moran
24-05-05, 08:06 PM
I would be intrested in the September trip, got the time off wokr, moneys no problem and the car "should" be done

Chris
24-05-05, 08:13 PM
I could well be interested but need to know certain dates, will it be a friday to monday jobbie?

Chris

karl Rowntree
24-05-05, 08:13 PM
TBH Keith i am thinking the same. As work is an issue for me i cant really get time away at the end of a month.

I think i can safely say i will be going over for the weekend in September the dates are:

September: Friday 16th track open 2.15 - 7.30
Saturday 17th 1.15 - 7.30
Sunday 18th 8.00 - 7.30
Monday 19th 1.00 - 7.30

Those times give us a nice lie in after the nights drinking, maybe returning on the tuesday like the last trip? Going out on the thursday again?

It really is down to money and even though i would love to go over with the boys in July i dont want to not enjoy it because i am thinking about the cost :wink:

How do those dates sound?

Karl

krobinson
24-05-05, 08:15 PM
September it is Karl!

Lets get it organised!

Names:

Karl
Keith

benji
24-05-05, 08:16 PM
no good for me. i'm on holiday just afer then.

karl Rowntree
24-05-05, 08:30 PM
Right just to give you an idea of price.

Ive just been on the Speed Ferries wesite and got a price:

?48 Return

Other costs will be:

Hotel: 5 nights ?90 with breakfast, you could make your trip shorter though to keep the cost down.

Personal Insurance: ?20

Car Insurance: approx?20

RAC/AA cover: varies on car but approx ?50

Track time: 12 lap ticket ?108

Petrol: again depends on car, the evo did nearly ?300 but half that for a nova.

Then its just your spending money. A meal with a pint is approx ?7 and drinks are very cheap, a round for 10 people was approx ?21

List your name down if intrested. Like i say i will sort all arrangement so nothing to worry about, all you will need to do is pay for it.

Karl

NovaNeil
24-05-05, 08:46 PM
Yep, I would love to go again, even if it is in the Vauxhall Powerplant (2.0 8v G@sed Calibra :lol: )

As long as it doesn't clash with the likes of USC and TRAX.

Neil

yellow nova
24-05-05, 09:10 PM
Karl just had a word with the wife she not happy put me down :D

karl Rowntree
24-05-05, 09:19 PM
Nice one Niel.

Dont worry mate ive checked the dates in september and as far a i know it doesnt clash with anything.

Trax will be a shake down for the nova, it hasnt turned a wheel since Donnington! And Scott i havnt modded a single thing on the car, ive got no money :lol:

karl Rowntree
24-05-05, 09:22 PM
:wink: Top fella Dave, you will love it mate. I think we should end up with quite a few.

Funny Chris just phoned me saying hes got to temp the girlfriend away from a week in the sun to a weekend at the ring! Shouldnt be too hard :o

Chris
24-05-05, 09:32 PM
:wink: Top fella Dave, you will love it mate. I think we should end up with quite a few.

Funny Chris just phoned me saying hes got to temp the girlfriend away from a week in the sun to a weekend at the ring! Shouldnt be too hard :o

Yep, I'll just have to tell her all about that beach in the middle of the circuit with all the palm trees.

Chris

karl Rowntree
24-05-05, 09:39 PM
Yeah then point at the gravel pit as you pass it at 100mph :lol: Thats the beach love!

Chris
24-05-05, 09:51 PM
Well work permitting, I'm there Charlotte is happy without a summer holiday so long as she gets out of the country she says. I didnt even have to mention the beach lol

Chris

Adam Moran
24-05-05, 10:29 PM
Right.. had a word with my mate, if we can gt the car done (should be ok) and hes ok with work were both up for it!

FINALY i get to go to the ring!!!! Wahoooooooooooooooo :lol: :lol:

Anyone for a race??? Not you Beastie lol

Karl
Keith
Ad
JB - Ad's "co-pilot"

Chris
24-05-05, 10:35 PM
Karl
Keith
Ad
JB - Ad's "co-pilot"
Chris + Charlotte

karl Rowntree
24-05-05, 10:40 PM
Karl + Andy Bishop (co-pilot I hope :wink: )
Keith
Ad
JB - Ad's "co-pilot"
Chris + Charlotte
Dave (yellow nova)

Anyone else?

I will contact the hotel tomorrow to see if i can book it out lol.

krobinson
24-05-05, 11:25 PM
Martin?? C'mon mate ;)

Keith

Matt EvoVI
24-05-05, 11:41 PM
I could be tempted depends on the date :wink:

krobinson
25-05-05, 05:56 PM
Karl + Andy Bishop (co-pilot I hope icon_wink.gif )
Keith + possibly Martin Weaver
Ad
JB - Ad's "co-pilot"
Chris + Charlotte
Dave (yellow nova)

Keith

karl Rowntree
25-05-05, 06:01 PM
Dates allready listed matt in September.

Martin? Keiths co-pilot again?

I am having a right game trying to insure the nova :( Anyone know an insurance company that will do limited cover i.e 2 months/6 months as apposed to 12 months? Ive had a quote from HIC for ?295 for the year but seems abit steap as i am only going to use it for 5 days :lol:

Karl

krobinson
25-05-05, 06:04 PM
Karl, 90% of companys only do 12 month policys. An option would be to do a tempory substitution of vehicle from the evo to the Nova for those few days. Depending if the company that has the Evo will do a modifyed Nova.

Keith

Adam Moran
25-05-05, 06:13 PM
Karl give me a ring if you source and insuance company that does limited cover as i will also only use the car for a month or so this year :roll:

Matt EvoVI
25-05-05, 06:21 PM
Just looking into it now but i think Sept will be the best time for me and looking at the track open times it would be the best for all of us :wink:

Will let you know :)

karl Rowntree
25-05-05, 06:27 PM
Ok Matt, will you be making the trip over with the Lancer Evo net guys and girls? I noticed you were planning on making a return journey.

Knowing my luck keith the evo would get nicked that weekend. I will probably go with that policy tbh. Do you know of ANY companies that may be able to help me mate?

Will do Adam :wink:

krobinson
25-05-05, 06:33 PM
Sorry Karl, dont know anyone who does policys for that long.

I guess most wont, as its enough hassle chasing no claims bonus's and cash for a year policy, nevermind a tempory one! Plus loads of people would ask for cover for a week, tax there car and drive with no insurance.

Keith

benji
25-05-05, 06:36 PM
karl have you tried flux? or one of the competiton insurers?

Matt EvoVI
25-05-05, 07:06 PM
Just sorting it out now Karl, hopefully there should be around five cars going from us.

Would be good if we could all go over at the same time :wink:

krobinson
25-05-05, 07:12 PM
True matt...

Maybe i can repeat my "sick" trick ;)

Keith

Matt EvoVI
25-05-05, 08:37 PM
True matt...

Maybe i can repeat my "sick" trick ;)

Keith

Sick trick that dosent sound too good :lol:

Matt EvoVI
26-05-05, 06:02 AM
Sorted Karl we will be going over on the same dates in Sept.

Let me know if you find any good prices on hotels and crossings i will let you know likewise if i find anything.

I have sent you a PM with my number mate

Speak to you soon

Matt

krobinson
26-05-05, 07:47 PM
Bump!

See you there mate!!

Karl, make sure and book the same guesthouse. It rocked :)

Keith

NovaBen
27-05-05, 08:13 PM
Count me in aswell, i will definitely be there! Those dates are fine with me.

Possibly with a new engine but we'll see! More speed and a quicker lap time!

Ben

krobinson
27-05-05, 08:57 PM

Ben

x2

A sharp 1.3 will be in for next time. Solid lifters, and lairy race cam. Anyone my as new 285 piper? :twisted:

Keith

benji
27-05-05, 09:21 PM

Ben

thought you just got you engine built?? what you changing to?

Aragorn
27-05-05, 10:36 PM
i'd imagine if u choose the "pay monthly" option on the policy then cancel it after a month they'll only charge you for that month even if its ?300 for a year

infact most companies will give a full refund if its within 14 days and no claims have been made ;)

benji
28-05-05, 11:58 AM
i'd imagine if u choose the "pay monthly" option on the policy then cancel it after a month they'll only charge you for that month even if its ?300 for a year

infact most companies will give a full refund if its within 14 days and no claims have been made ;)

ha ha. that sounds like a plan.

NovaBen
28-05-05, 06:46 PM
Benji: hopefully a 1.6 16v on throttle bodies or carbs, haven't decided yet!! The 8v just isn't quick enough for me.

We shall see............... :lol:

Ben

dan16v
28-05-05, 07:08 PM
if the novas running count me in :D

krobinson
29-05-05, 12:15 PM
if the novas running count me in :D

Hurry up dan :P

Keith