PDA

View Full Version : Megasquirt "possible" group buy

Stuart
24-05-05, 06:20 PM
Been talking to a guy in the states who can knock the kits out for $154 inc dellivery but if i get 10 orders or more he will knock a "whopping" 5% off.

Ok not a massive discount but its an already good price at ?84 (24/05/05) so taking 5% off is just under ?80.

Benji and Sean seem intrested, obv as am I

so anymore if your up for it?

srs1
24-05-05, 06:29 PM
:D

fcuk yeah!

Adam Moran
24-05-05, 06:34 PM
What is it mate??

Stuart
24-05-05, 06:42 PM
DIY mappable ECU, its a budget thing and id never entertain running a turbo on it etc but its good for ignition control and simpleish fuel control

http://www.megasquirt.info/

Adam Moran
24-05-05, 07:07 PM
Ah ok.. sounds good for the money ;)

Got mbe already so not needed for my build

burgo
25-05-05, 03:17 AM
ass hole ive already bought one. got it aswell and it looks pukka once put together. ill try and get ya some pics

NovaGSi1600
25-05-05, 07:46 AM
Stuart,

What way does the kit come?
Do you have to build/solder it yourself or is it fully assembled?

Are you only using it for fuel and ignition? Will you be able to get rid of the AFM? What do you do for a dizzy and coil?

Sorry for all the questions.

Cheers,
Mick

Stuart
25-05-05, 07:52 AM
before anyone gets too questiony im NOT a megasquirt engineer! lol
But i do design ecu software for a living.

Anyway
The untis that ive requested will be fuel and ignition control and they will run a dizzy or coil pack. There is another link that the guy gave me that ill dig out.
He also said that its a fully assembled kit (and the kit is just the ecu board, not the relay board etc)

Burgo id like to see those pics + any issues you had.

Austin_Nova16
25-05-05, 08:35 AM
I could also be very interested in one of these kits (only to use for ignition only).

Stuart
25-05-05, 10:17 AM
i only enquired about kits that operate fuel and ign, so thats what will be obtained.

Its handy to know you can always bung it on an injection setup at a later date anyway

burgo
25-05-05, 11:55 PM
well the kit i got wasn't assembled but it was very well explained and so easy to put together. im waiting for me mate to get his arse into gear and get his crank sorted before i go any further with the MS though

Aragorn
26-05-05, 12:28 AM
is this MS2 with the newer CPU and much higher resolution?

or the older MS1?

also can it run bosch 60-2 yet or are they still only supporting EDIS?

been thinking about one for a while for some TB's for the 1600 but the original ms just doesnt have the resolution required according to a few tuners and i'd really prefer to just use the standard bosch 60-2 crank sensing rahter than having to change everything over to edis or whatever

burgo
26-05-05, 12:33 AM
errr dunno, people are doing new things everyday with these bits of kit your best of visiting the forum and asking for your self http://www.bgsoflex.com/megasquirt.html

Aragorn
26-05-05, 12:37 AM
i need to know what the group buy is on mate

i know ms2 has higher resolution for instance but if the group buy is for ms1 then its no gonna be much use see?

burgo
26-05-05, 12:49 AM
i need to know what the group buy is on mate

i know ms2 has higher resolution for instance but if the group buy is for ms1 then its no gonna be much use see? :oops: indeed is do

Stuart
26-05-05, 08:07 AM
ill ask, but the link to the software site had all 12*12 maps (still not good enough imo but its better tha 8*8) apparently its just a firmware update. Ill ask the blokey.

And i belive it can cope with 60-2 now.

S_Gault
30-05-05, 12:14 PM
ive mapped several and its cheap for a reason.

I'll do a group buy on Emerald if theres enough interest

CP
30-05-05, 06:30 PM
Hows about a DTA group buy whilst we're at it :lol:

S_Gault
31-05-05, 08:52 AM
dta has no live mapping screen unless you purchase the dyno boxes at great expense and the comms cable is a fortune.

Steven

Stuart
31-05-05, 07:52 PM
the dta dyno boxes that i sell are a bargin at sub ?100

I KNOW the megasquirt is cheap n cheerfull, but for under ?100 its a nice cheap way to having a play. most people that seriously set it up seem to get decent results from it.

Its all about what you expect for your money.

Id rather use lumenition than Emerald lmao. Dta or Motec are nice and easy to use.

if you can supply emerald units at less than ?100 a go then lets have it :D lmao.

S_Gault
01-06-05, 09:57 AM
ive mapped DTA, Motec, Apexi, Greddy, Dastek, Emerald, MBE, Luminition, Perfect power, Megasquirt, in fact just about them all except weber alpha,

and each has its advantages and disadvantages,

im surprised you say the above about emerald, especially when you compare it with luminition, I think limiting the features the way they do and MBE isnt much fun when a car develops a problem during competition.. it makes fault finidn and data logging pretty annoying