PDA

View Full Version : ICE INSTALL - proper one!

Sid
19-10-01, 06:52 PM
How much does a proper ICE install cost??
Can anybody do me one?
Like with fibra glass or whatever?
The proper type like show cars have ...cheap!?

Wanna put 3 12's in?! (I got all the stuff)

Also what is the best stealth shelf on the market?

Ballsy
20-10-01, 05:35 PM
the actual install itself is cheap..ish, the dear part comes when u start 2 put in the subs amp etc, make a few designs and then go to ur local saw mill and ask them 2 supply the wood, they will evn cut it 2 size for u if u ask :)

Ballsy

:) mmmmm same shit different Day :)

Sid
24-10-01, 11:48 AM
Shall I Have 2 subs or 3 ?? 12"s

If I get 2x12's then just get a box which already has the correct cubic capacity from a shop for ?80, already carpeted.

then I easily take it out when I wanna go down to Santa Pod for the 1/4 mile racing!

if 3x12's then need a custom install, never get that thing out!!!!

HOE MUCH DIFFERERNCE WOULD ONE SUB ACTUALLY MAKE IN THE NOVA??

2 or 3, all running off the one BIG-UP amp!

Stuart
24-10-01, 11:57 AM
you say you want one like show cars have.
a proper one can be VERY VERY VERY expensive if you get a shop to do it. otherwise it will still cost a lot of dosh but not as much if you do all the work yourself.

What type of music do you mainly listen to?
coz that can determine what ice you need

Dave Pearce, hmm he mixes like a man with no hands

Sid
26-10-01, 12:44 PM
I got 3 subs, 2 amps, 2 eq's, power cap, split charger, all the cabling, Alpine head ... I got the TOP ICE...
just dont know if I should insert it all??!

I also dont wanna weigh the Nova down a lot as I want a 13 sec 1/4 mile Nova too!!
the iCE therefore has to be able to come out for Santa Pod track days!

Sid
26-10-01, 12:44 PM
I got 3 subs, 2 amps, 2 eq's, power cap, split charger, all the cabling, Alpine head ... I got the TOP ICE...
just dont know if I should insert it all??!

I also dont wanna weigh the Nova down a lot as I want a 13 sec 1/4 mile Nova too!!
the iCE therefore has to be able to come out for Santa Pod track days!

Stuart
26-10-01, 01:49 PM
13 seconds, hmm ambitious. u got a V8 in there or something.

i'd only put 3 in if they were 10" ers so 2 12" will be fine. but again it depends on what kind of music you tend to listen to!

look at the ice installs in car audio, lax flowers, slow car etc and get ideas from them, they are all do able by yourself, unless you have no arms and legs :D lol

get creative.

Sid
31-10-01, 04:06 PM
I want it to be portable too... to take out when I need to.
hmm...
ok, maybe not 13 secs, but as close to Jon Shield as possible!
2 12's more likely.

Stuart
31-10-01, 05:08 PM
in that case try 2 12" in a pair of funcky pods on either side of the boot

Sid
31-10-01, 05:47 PM
BUT I also want it to be one of the loudest Nova's ever!!!
I WANT EVERYTHING !!!! :O

Stuart
31-10-01, 06:18 PM
get another nova :D

brian.bb
31-10-01, 07:39 PM
it will never be as loud as mine!!muuhhhhhaaaaaa!!!!!

only kidd'n mate ;)

Sid
31-10-01, 10:40 PM
what u running Brian, and how??

I want my install to show off my amp too, its wicked!! the best bit! mirror finish.
Th ebox I think has to be open inside for both subs due to the cubic capacity to get best out of them... I think.

There are so so many things that I wanna do... anybody wanna GIVE me some cash to achieve my wild dreams??! :)

brian.bb
01-11-01, 03:29 AM
rite here we go:-

Pioneer DEHP7300R (4x50w) head unit
Alpine SPR-135A 5"components (160w)
MB-QUART DKC-169 6x9" (140w)
2x 10" DB Audio T-Rex Subs (1600w)
Alpine v12- MRV-1507 (2x450 or 1x 1500w) (running subs)
Alpine v12 MRVF 407 (running 6x9" and components)

i'm gonna have to get a db reading coz my mate is running 135db and its deffo more than that!!!

:D

Sid
01-11-01, 10:54 AM
Have u got a funky install in da boot? The layout?
Is it advisable to build a box in MDF, with the amp on top in perspex, so it shows it off?
The power of subs wont affect the amp so it will fall apart!?

brian.bb
01-11-01, 06:46 PM
im looking to get a nice install to set it all off, at the moment the subs are just in 2 seperate boxes so they can be removed,

Sid
02-11-01, 10:31 AM
I think I'll go for the one box for the 2 subs, for now... then when its all in there I'll have a fair understanding of how loud it is and what else I may need.
Then get engine sorted, then interior, then I'll do a custom install to be proud of.
Also can check out the weight factor as well and do some more research !

mark12sxi
21-11-01, 01:15 AM
u lot got nice systems, i have a simple set up for you, take spare wheel out lay a mdf deck with a cut out for a 12"SUB, then fibre glass and sound proof the whole thing, so u have a nice enclosure, u could put a rockford fosgate HE2 top of the range sub ?399 through me, and a decent amp, BD1000 standard, with lots of power, sub has two voice coils, the amps could be mounted either side on 45 degree slopes and things can get complex from this layout, i have a mdf deck coming to me soon, and its gonna be rude, :) and more mad, get a tv screen and take the ash tray and lighter thing out and modify the panel to house the screen coz they cant pretrude from the standard slot, its possible it took me 12 hrs to do!>, pics are soon to be uploaded,

pickle2000
21-11-01, 01:16 PM
If you want to do a cheap boot build then check out this months edition of "Revs". They do exactly that - but not sure how easy it will be to follow their tutorial (has anyone noticed how they just skimmed over the size of the sub box - isn't that the most important thing?!?).

Pickle

PAG
27-12-01, 08:40 PM
my old nova hit 140.5 dbs at the spl drag at msc with 1 12inch sub and a set of 6x9s v12 amp std at front.