PDA

View Full Version : Acoustic Carpet

Breeny
14-11-01, 12:20 PM
Where can i get this stuff apart from ICE shops? How much is it and do they sell it in vast quantities? i.e. enough to cover the back of my car floor (with seats removed)

Anonymous
14-11-01, 12:41 PM
i can get it for ?10 a square metre for local music shop
also the motorists sell it for 12 for a big roll could probabally cover boot floor with 2 rools

x-b :)p He Who Laughs Last Laughs Longest :)p x-b

RobIsGrt18
14-11-01, 01:01 PM
breeny have u checked out the audio centre next to xs-auto (in stacy bushes) ??, my m8 got a big'ish roll for ?20, + its good quality!! ( u may need 2 rolls tho??)

Breeny
14-11-01, 01:21 PM
i dont want a split in the middle thats the thing, i want it to cover the whole thing in 1 piece.

adam5
16-11-01, 08:17 PM
whats so special about acoustic carpet? - sorry if i sound thick

Stuart
17-11-01, 01:40 AM
its dosent affect the sound waves as they pass through it (well in theory). basically its Acousticly transparent :)

they usually come in 1.5 meter width rolls (that should cover the back width wise. but if you need to put two in, im sure with a bit of skill and time you can get it to look and feel seamless :)

Dave Pearce, hmm he mixes like a man with no hands

wisewood
23-11-01, 08:33 PM
like cambridge says - all you gotta do is be careful and take your time and you should be able to get it nice and neat.

blondie
24-11-01, 10:21 AM
So if it is acousticly transparent does that mean that a could cover my 6*9's and an 8in sub on a parcel shelf with it and it wont affect the sound?

Stuart
24-11-01, 05:00 PM
correct, but the carpet will move about over the sub (ie up and down unless you put a grille over it too)

Dave Pearce, hmm he mixes like a man with no hands

simon@novaheaven
24-11-01, 07:06 PM
the carpet shouldnt move, if its acoustic carpet, ie lets sound pass without distorting. the carpet shouldnt move cos sound is moving air which would move normal carpet but not acoustic carpet, if that makes any sense,

blondie
27-11-01, 11:52 AM
isnt that a good phrase 'acoustically transparent'

benharbach
16-12-01, 12:53 AM
the carpet will move due to the sheer volume or air that is being forced through it. it won't move much though because you'll have it glued donw all around it. the cheapest place to get it from is maplin. www.maplin.co.uk
it comes in the standard 1.5 meter width and you pay ?2.50 per half meter length. it's good stuff.