PDA

View Full Version : My Gte

benji
23-05-05, 05:32 PM
a few of you might know i recently got myself a gte. since getting it all i have done to it is get it running by fitting a new airbox and fuel pump relay. with my trackday at curborough looming and the red one looking nowhere near ready i decided to sort out the gte and take that on track.

so this weekend i got the tools out and started sorting it out. before i started i took my cav alloys and slicks to the local tyre place to be fitted. when i got back first job was to take off all the old suspension and brakes. next up was having a look at the rust hole it failed it's last mot on. this turned out to be 2 big holes, both on the passenger side, one in the battery tray and one in front of the turret. i plated these, sealed them up and sprayed them black.
next job was fitting the front coilovers and 4pot's from the red one. this was dead easy seeing as when i removed it i left it all bolted together and just removed the whole lot rom the car. this lot also included polybushes. next job was to bleed the brakes, i used a pressure bleed kit that was borrowed fro a friend. i'm gonna go and get myself one tomorrw because they make it sooo easy to do. oncethe front was done i started on the back. i got the hamer out to'modify the inner arch and make clearance for the coliovers, while doing this i found another big rusty hole. next job was to get the angle grinder out and make some room for my tyres. again loads of rust but the wheels fit now with no rubbing. although that might change when the slicks go on.
last job was to sort out the bonnet. it has a dent in it that makes it a pain to open so i took off the spring/catch and fitted a set of bonnet pins.

all thats left to do is empty it out because at the mo its full of crap, then i need to fix a leaking fuel pipe under the car. i had a short drive in it up and down my street and it seems to have a slight hesatation when flooring it but that might be down to not being run for a few months and i'll have a look at that when at the track.

i'll get a few more pics when it stops raining. it's not much to look at and i think every panel has a dent or scratch in it. but i'm gonna thrash the hell out of it on tuesday.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/bencurry/gte%20(1).JPG

Dpnova
23-05-05, 05:38 PM
love it mate, put 40's on that aswell 8)

Riggy
23-05-05, 05:41 PM
doesnt look to bad that really mate :lol:

Adam
23-05-05, 06:06 PM
doesnt look to bad that really mate :lol:
lol
Thats what i was gonna say.
It that pic, it looks pretty mint :) :wink:

epo
23-05-05, 08:38 PM
what colour black is it

is it the starmist one?

-Bruce-
23-05-05, 09:25 PM
Nah epo its just straight black like mine.

Give it hell Ben lol.Looks very similar to mine Ben, I have not seen many like that, but there is hardly any novas up here anyway.

Bruce

epo
23-05-05, 09:27 PM
ive never seen another starmist black one like mine
were they rare

Mike.
23-05-05, 10:06 PM
looks just like the GTE i bought last year only it was really rotton, and i mean REALLY rotton , the rear chassis leg was tie wrapped on for gods sake :lol:

benji
23-05-05, 10:45 PM
it's a nail....

a black nail.

it's gonna die. lol

i've just got in from working on the damn thing. it had a fuel leak and while fixing it i managed to split the pipe i another place so i'll have to fix it when i get to the track tomorrow. bloody heap of 5hit

scott.parker
23-05-05, 11:10 PM
were they rare

Dose this color loook slightly gray/green mate,as i have seen some GTE's in a black/green gray color.

Scott

epo
24-05-05, 06:49 AM
were they rare

Dose this color loook slightly gray/green mate,as i have seen some GTE's in a black/green gray color.

Scott

yeah sort of and its got white speckles in it when the light hists it right

Mel
25-05-05, 08:28 PM
It's a Mk1! You people are beginning to see the light :wink:

Looking great...but not as good looking as mine tho :P :lol: