PDA

View Full Version : standard headlights

novaexplod
23-05-05, 12:52 PM
is it possible to get into a nova headlamp to replace the reflector? as one of mine is rusty so it aint doing too much reflecting. i didnt think u could but i wanted to ask before i go n buy a new lamp because i have a spare lamp with an electrical fault and wondered if i cud swap the reflectors over?

Austin_Nova16
23-05-05, 01:07 PM
i have a spare lamp with an electrical fault and wondered if i cud swap the reflectors over

The actual headlamp isn't electrical, only the associated wiring and bulb, so I can't see why you can't put your spare on..

Matt2107
23-05-05, 01:18 PM
I think they're glued into the glass front.

If you end up replacing the whole lot beware of cheap imitations on ebay. The fit is crap.

Jack
24-05-05, 03:07 PM
Yeah they're sealed with some nasty gloop. Best bet is to look for a complete replacement unit. I have a feeling Sel Imperial do headlights but i'm not sure how good they'd be....

novaexplod
26-05-05, 12:07 PM
thats where i was thinking of getting them from but i was unsure on the quality although ive had replacement panels from them before and they fit quite well so whether the lamps are as good quality i dont know??

Matt2107
27-05-05, 01:10 PM
DO NOT BUY FROM SEL.

Sorry for the caps. The headlights they sent me were crap... i threw them straight in the bin as they wont do refunds.

Try and get Valeo headlights from ebay.

scott.parker
27-05-05, 06:09 PM
Find one in the scrappers! :roll: