PDA

View Full Version : 15s On 60mm

notenuffhoursintheday
23-05-05, 09:25 AM
hey guys ive just put a set of 15's on my nova ive rolled oneside and grinded the offside one off but thers about 1" gap on the nearside and 3mm gap on drivers side anyone know why this is or is it a design fault?

chris

Ste L
23-05-05, 09:46 AM
design fault, all nova's vary like that, could be even might not be, thats just the way it is

alxlaw
23-05-05, 03:33 PM
thank god for that!, i thaut it was just mine, you have no idea how releaved i am!

SRlew
23-05-05, 04:13 PM
:lol: :lol:
mines like that aswell!!

omprezaman
23-05-05, 04:21 PM
I am just about to put 15's on mine, i will let you know but it sounds like the other said a design fault, after all they could'nt fit the steering wheel or pedals which you look at every day straight why worry about the rest!!!! :crazyeye:

alxlaw
23-05-05, 04:33 PM
does it not affect the handeling? (never driven mine with the 60 mm springs n 15" alloys so i dont know yet) is there a reson for it? are euro novas the other way round? vauxhall need to answer some questions!

omprezaman
23-05-05, 04:47 PM
As i said i am putting 15's on and its alredy lowered 60mm(pi springs) on sr 14inch wheels but they are on a 60 or65 profile (we are sailing...!) where-as the 15's are on 45's, ive also got Anti roll bars front and rear, poly bushes all round and gas shocks (shortened on the rear), this is pretty much a similar set-up to the rally car and they must suffer from the pre-mentioned 'fault' and they go pretty well, so i am guessing it has no effect, not a lot you can do anyway! I have heard you can fit a Corsa rear beam, don't know if they have this fault/if it will cure it, but i am guessing they're just the same, as i said with the nova steering wheel and pedals,its the same on the corsa.
when vauxhall decided to spend millions re-designing the nova and came up with the corsa, some-one said.. "What about sorting the pedals and wheels?" he got the reply "well no-one's noticed and complained yet!!!"

Aragorn
24-05-05, 10:30 AM
ditch the front antiroll bar

you'll find it handles much nicer without it

alxlaw
24-05-05, 01:51 PM
never had one?