View Full Version : so wot age?????

shy witness
22-05-05, 04:43 PM
after looking at some other posts i'd like 2 know everyones opinion;

when r u 2 old for a nova????? :lol: :lol:

im 27 and my mates give me dogs abuse, but i dont really give a shit

Ste_Nova
22-05-05, 04:49 PM
i'm 30 next year.... i will not own a nova by then :?

scott.parker
22-05-05, 04:50 PM
Umm a bit of a silly one mate,as i would say your only as old as you feel..

But if others dont like your past time,then if it bothers you i think your not in it for the rightg reason. (thats in general not at you as you said you dont care)

Scott

Dan
22-05-05, 05:04 PM
hmmm i'll be 30 at some point this year and mine wont be going far, ians more mid 30's and still has his in storage and CP is almost 50 but tinkering with his still :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

fearless
22-05-05, 05:26 PM
hmmm i'll be 40 at some point this year and mine wont be going far, ians more mid 20's and still has his in storage and CP is almost 50 but tinkering with his still :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hmm - makes me feel quite young at 34 !!!

Dan
22-05-05, 05:28 PM
yeh sorry about that dave, ian obv likes to do abit of editing lmfao. corrected now so yeh, you are kinda old :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

fearless
22-05-05, 05:37 PM
yeh sorry about that dave, ian obv likes to do abit of editing lmfao. corrected now so yeh, you are kinda old :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeh - I didn't thing you looked 40 - And Ian being mid 20's !!!!!! I found that the most difficult to beleive !

Stuart
23-05-05, 08:00 AM
i guess you could have been mistaken for thinking ian was younger since he did audition for the milky bar kid ads.

MARTIN KELSON
23-05-05, 08:20 AM
Well i will be a youthfull 33 next month!!

Rexy
23-05-05, 09:02 AM
I'm still in my prime at 23 8)

Will more than likly have a second car tho by the time i'm 25 along with the nova :D

Ste L
23-05-05, 09:37 AM
im 23 too

coxie
23-05-05, 09:50 AM
am 23 now 24 in august n only just bought my first nova ..

think wat car u have at wat age is anyones choice ..

im not really into the grow old n buy a rover thing :lol:

Dar
23-05-05, 09:58 AM
Your never to old for any car :D Its just a car.

However my mate had the same with his 205 1.9 GTI. He got rid of it in the end which was a shame because I loved that car. His new Audi is no where near as much fun.

However the ladies like it better, which works for him since hes single :wink:

Im 32 and got my Nova when I was 29/30. Its brilliant! The thing I like about it is that everyone says 'yeah its just a Nova'..... until they experiance it :twisted: . Smiles per miles my friend.

Adam
23-05-05, 11:12 AM
:o
Quite a few oldies on here then :wink: :lol:
I am 18 :P
and yet to own a nova :lol:

Adam
23-05-05, 11:13 AM

Adam
23-05-05, 11:13 AM

Matt2107
23-05-05, 01:01 PM
I'm 22 (23 in july)

I dont think your ever too old for a Nova. It's your own choice. I overtook a lovely skyline the other day that was being driven by a 70 year old.

SRlew
23-05-05, 03:58 PM

lol
yer im 18 as well
i think your never to old to be driving a nova :lol:

boredbloke
23-05-05, 05:36 PM
well i'm 19

I gotta say i don't think i could bear to part with mine!!

although by the time i get to 30 I will be driving a fooking nice car! (witht the nova ina nice damp free garage!!) lol!!

Jules
23-05-05, 06:43 PM
I'll be 29 this summer and this will probably be the last year I own a Nova, purely from a safety point of view as I now drive 20 miles to or from work on a lorry infested motorway.

Mike.
23-05-05, 06:45 PM
19 i've owned my nova a year, and its still not finished

ANDYRACER
23-05-05, 06:46 PM
Im 16 and a half and owned 2 novas and a calibra in a year :lol: And am on the hunt for my next nova.

Adam
23-05-05, 06:53 PM
Im 16 and a half and owned 2 novas and a calibra in a year :lol: And am on the hunt for my next nova.
16 and a half, and owned 3 cars :?
Pmsl :lol:

ANDYRACER
23-05-05, 06:58 PM
I know bought a shitter of a nova sr which got scrapped

Bought the calibra off my bro to restore but got in debt so sold it back to him.

Then bought a nova gsi very cheap then sold it because i couldnt insure it.

mikey14sr
23-05-05, 07:48 PM
I'm 26, first nova at 18, second at 21, a mk3 astra for the last two and a half years and bought the SR in febuary, and I'm on the look-out for another shell to go to town on, allthough might end up doing a corsa

Rick Draper
23-05-05, 07:53 PM
23, and have owned 4 novas since i past my test and a few other cars along the way. Had a 1.2 merit H reg when i passed my test, then got a nova sri, then my gsi and now the 1.2 run around (soon to be sold) and a corsa gsi (soon to be lowered!)

lee2004_
23-05-05, 08:32 PM
I Am 18, and dont intend on owning novas for the rest of my life,, would like some of the joys of a new car,, air con, smooth ride, power steering, nice gadgets without extensive modding. but novas are brill cars :)

Alex
23-05-05, 08:33 PM
/\ I now have a car with all those. I miss driving my nova.....

krobinson
23-05-05, 08:42 PM
I'm 21, 22 in a few days (friday)

Alot of guys on the local forums expected me to be older as they didnt think someone my age would spend so much time on a car lol.

I still look about 17 tho, which has its ups and downs :)

Keith

scott.parker
23-05-05, 10:36 PM

Ok dont run it in mate! no need to post three times :lol:

Mike.
23-05-05, 10:38 PM

really :o

scott.parker
23-05-05, 10:41 PM
Your never to old for any car :D Its just a car.

However my mate had the same with his 205 1.9 GTI. He got rid of it in the end which was a shame because I loved that car. His new Audi is no where near as much fun.

However the ladies like it better, which works for him since hes single :wink:

Im 32 and got my Nova when I was 29/30. Its brilliant! The thing I like about it is that everyone says 'yeah its just a Nova'..... until they experiance it :twisted: . Smiles per miles my friend.

See im with Dar on this one,as if you though like wer to old for a type of car then his dad would not be racing a mad turbo mk1 :wink:

I my self am 24,25 in august and have owned my nova just under two years,in that time its been kitted with 17's running the 1.6 8v and its now on its way to being a mad valver on 15/16's track car,and normaly ppl say when i tel them i have a nova as a second/fun car,they normaly laugh,but they soon stop once there arss is twiching in the passanger seat..
Dar wrote:Smiles per miles my friend :wink:

Scott

Jos
23-05-05, 10:53 PM
Well I'm 17 (18 in afew months) and I don't think you can ever be too old to own a Nova :D 'Cos once you pass the mark of the Nova being interesting, you're an OAP, and drive a Nova for the insurance :D

:? My Dad has decided my Nova is great fun to drive, and now wants to buy a GSI...and hes 55. But live life to its fullest, and you can't do that without owning a Nova.

ANDYRACER
23-05-05, 10:58 PM

really :o

Yep no joke. And no im not mad. Just got more money than sense. :lol:

Jack
24-05-05, 01:53 PM
/\ I now have a car with all those. I miss driving my nova.....
Exactly that... as fast/smooth/full of mod cons that my Celica is, I miss the fun factor of my hatch

I'm planning on buying a 205 or Nova to play with in a few years time once I've got my own place sorted and a bit of spare cash...

Lee H
24-05-05, 02:09 PM
23, have owned 4 Nova's, still got 3 of them, also had a dabble with a 180bhp Renault 5 GT turbo but sold that to get the turbo Nova back on the road.

Adam
24-05-05, 05:39 PM

Ok dont run it in mate! no need to post three times :lol:
WTF happened there :lol: :lol:
Only meant to post it once, honest :wink: :lol:

Ohhh, i think its when the site kept crashing on me :roll:

Barn
24-05-05, 10:09 PM
19 and have had 4 nova's and a mk3 astra already and they all p*ssed me off, lol and I couldnt wait to get rid of them

got 2 nova's and a corsa at the mo: a GTE (needs work), a purple/blue 1.0L and a 1.2 corsa for a run about

both Nova's will hopefully be going within the next month and keeping the corsa for a few months before selling that and getting a decent car,lol

nah, I tell you what, Nova's are tidy car's its just they rust like nothing else...abit of battery tray rust and front inner wing rust on one of my Nova's turned into a full front panel, inner wings, rear arches, chassis rails on the back etc etc...fcuking nightmare

personally, if I were going to fit a 2.0L to a small vauxhall I'd do it to a corsa and not a nova

Nick
24-05-05, 10:45 PM
well i think you should look more carefully next time you buy a nova.

?350 and mines pretty cock-on, just a bit on the front panel that's starting to go now.

I'm 19, owned my nova for over 2 1/2 years now, passed my test in it e.t.c

don't think i'l ever sell it. The money i'd get for it is pointless, i'd rather keep it in storage and buy another car outright. At least it wont end up wrapped round a tree

Adam Moran
24-05-05, 10:55 PM
23, 24 next month

Had 4 novas

1st one:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/novaaj/A1.jpg

had 2 others as well, both run arounds. And you all know my current nova lol

Never too old as Darren said, things just "progress" ask Karl what i had in my front grill when i turned up at Andys house :lol: now look at me, got a track nova thats going to kill me probably lol

Barn
25-05-05, 11:11 AM
well i think you should look more carefully next time you buy a nova.

?350 and mines pretty cock-on, just a bit on the front panel that's starting to go now.

I'm 19, owned my nova for over 2 1/2 years now, passed my test in it e.t.c

don't think i'l ever sell it. The money i'd get for it is pointless, i'd rather keep it in storage and buy another car outright. At least it wont end up wrapped round a tree
Lol, I'm sure you take the front wings off when you go to view a car n all :roll: . and who said I paid anything for it? lol

both the Nova's I have I paid nothing for and the corsa I gave ?350 for so looks like I'm the winner sunshine :lol: .

16vChris
25-05-05, 11:43 AM
Im 25 and get no end of abuse driving the nova :D
ive got a supra and get a lot of abuse from other supra owners, till i had a bit play with one latley now the little nova gets a bit more respect :lol:

-Bruce-
25-05-05, 12:21 PM
Im 18 soon to be 19.

I may keep the (a) nova for a long time but i could never use it as a daily drive. A nova is not a "good" car its fun and sometimes fast and look great but in terms of comfert and drivibilty and modern features its not exactly top of the chart lol.

Bruce

Jack
25-05-05, 02:36 PM
A nova is not a "good" car its fun and sometimes fast and look great but in terms of comfert and drivibilty and modern features its not exactly top of the chart lol.
Bear in mind its a 20 year old car, so isn't going to even come close to its modern counterparts. Compared to the cars it was designed to compete with (Fiesta, 205, Uno etc), and its intended market use (cheap & economical small about town hatchback with a couple of variations), its a very capable vehicle.

-Bruce-
25-05-05, 03:11 PM
Yeh it does come out well against the cars in its class. Just I would not want to drive a nova as my first car for the rest of my life lol. And im sure others will agree.

Bruce